Junior Community Manager
|Own transport required:||Yes|
We’re looking for a young, socially savvy Junior Community Manager to join our team, working from our Johannesburg office.
This position is a 5-month fixed-term contract, ideally starting on 01 August.
The Junior Social Media Community Manager role
is for someone who has a passion for social media
, with sound knowledge of digital marketing, and strong multi-lingual copywriting skills
. You’ll need to have your finger on the pulse of social media platforms, trends and opportunities.The Junior Community Manager will be responsible for:
- Daily monitoring and community management of multiple social media accounts.
- Building content calendars and scheduling content in line with social media best practices.
- Accurately engaging with social media queries or comments across multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube) in line with brand tone and guidelines.
- Scheduling social media posts accurately and timeously in line with the content calendar.
- Building content calendars in line with social media best practices.
- Monitoring and measuring the impact of content, and analysing, reviewing and contributing to the delivery of Social Media reports.
- Working with the social media and account management teams to support any agency and client requirements through administrative, community management and research tasks.
- Reading and understanding Content Strategy Documents, giving input where you feel you can add value.
- Coordinating and executing social media competition and prize draws, working closely with the account management and production teams.
- Creation and management of effective crisis management communication
- Social media event coverage (during and after work hours in line with Covid regulations)
- Looking out for and assessing opportunities to engage the brand’s followers at the next level.
- Immersing yourself in local and international news, always on the lookout for opportunities to be tactical.
- Staying on top of trends, tools & applications.
Personal Profile and Skills requirement:
- Qualification in Marketing, Advertising or Communications
- Facebook Blueprint, Twitter Flight School or similar social media qualifications will be advantageous
- Working experience (or internship) in social media and/or community management for a brand on social media
- Experience in using social media tools (eg. Falcon IO, Sprinkler, Hootsuite, Sprout Social)
The successful new candidate will be passionate about the advertising and communications industry, highly motivated with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. The following attributes are also essential:
- Have excellent multi-lingual writing skills backed by strong interpersonal skills.
- A passion for creating content for brands on social media channels.
- Have a presence on all the latest social media platforms and an understanding of social media ad units.
- Have an 'always-on' approach to life; up for the challenges of working both remotely/virtually and from the office in line with COVID-19 policies.
- Find satisfaction in closing conversations successfully and accurately on social channels.
- Enjoy unlocking proactive social ideas.
- Highly organised
- Easily self-manage
- Being deadline-driven and pulling out all the stops to ensure that assigned tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Have a willingness to learn and progress.
Machine_ is a creative solutions agency represented across Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban, and is home to?over 75 adventurous minds. At Machine_ we don’t believe that intuition and gut feel are enough. That’s why everything we do starts with an insight. Our team of experts uses these insights to create impactful and accountable solutions that touch consumers at every point in their connected world.
Machine_ is part of Publicis Groupe, one of the fastest-growing global networks.
Machine’s mantra, Never Afraid, underpins our values of; doing the right thing, being curious, solution orientated and at its core ‘getting things done!’. Living this mantra daily helps grow our clients’ businesses and these are the values we look for when recruiting new talent. The right personality is just as important as the right experience. We’re here to work hard and have fun while doing it.
Posted on 22 Jul 08:42