Senior Brand Strategist
|Remuneration:||Rand33000 - Rand45000 per month CostToCompany |
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionBold business thinker. Curious. Collaborative.
As a senior strategist you will work closely with the MD to play a leading role in shaping the strategic direction of the agency and working on several diverse clients and different multifaceted brand and communications projects.
You will be a vocal champion of effectiveness in all projects and assist in building an effectiveness culture at all levels of the agency. You will assist in building, through the sharing of knowledge and info, the strategic skills of all agency staff, inspiring and guiding on projects.
Together with Business Directors, you will hunt for opportunities, give these a structure and clarity for creative teams to solve. You will form strong, resilient relationships with creative and business leaders in the agency to form a trusted team for clients with positive momentum. And as with all our people, you will play a part in shaping an energizing agency culture that inspires amazing ideas.
The ideal candidate should be open-minded and passionate about creating holistic brand experiences. Ultimately, the outstanding Senior Strategist should have strong research skills, an analytical mindset and be an excellent storyteller.
This role requires high attention to detail, experience in digital and other traditional channels (print, television, radio) and a passion for identifying where the industry is headed next.Your key responsibilities will be:
- Attend client meetings, develop long-lasting client relationships, and become seen as a senior strategic voice of authority in the agency.
- Manage agency strategy efforts and projects, involved with projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Brand strategy across a variety of clients in line with KPI’s specified for each:
- Use market research & competitive trends to generate insights that inform recommendations and potential opportunities for our clients.
- Research and understand demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences.
- Briefing and collaborating with the creative team, Social and Digital team and the media team to compile holistic Brand strategies for our clients.
- Leading ideation and brainstorming sessions.
- Developing brand architecture, positioning and strategy.
- Writing compelling brand stories.
- Manage measurement, analytics, data gathering, and reporting for clients and the agency.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and expertise across clients and internal projects.
- Oversee development of strategic direction through to creative execution.
- Develop and implement new processes to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of research, measurement, and strategy work for teams.
- Overseeing post-campaign reporting and evaluations to be done to ensure that all KPI’s are met.
- Compilation of all necessary presentations and delivery thereof to Clients.
- Create an environment of possibility by inspiring creative.
- Experience developing communication frameworks and inspiring breakthrough connection ideas.
- Taps into global resources to ensure business teams and clients are exposed to best thinking and practice from around the world.
- Think holistically to generate and stimulate holistic creative/business ideas.
- Be able to identify strong creative ideas and support through strategic argument.
As a senior strategist you will partner with senior account leaders on allocated business and across projects, leading and owning the strategic relationship with senior clients. Responsible for inspiring and driving effective strategies in response to the client’s key business problems. You will proactively seek opportunities to contribute to the client’s business and marketing strategy development.
You will champion ideas in all their forms, articulate them and hold work to account against them. You will create the communication framework for these ideas to come to life. You will be the architect and leader in the development of innovative new ways to connect and influence audiences.
A senior strategist champions the power of the creative idea with clients, creating the arguments and rationalisation for ideas to solve the business problem. You will ensure monitoring and evaluation of those ideas and take responsibility for the effect they create in market.People responsibilities
- Build strong informal teams around innovative creative approaches.
- Demonstrate strong people management skills.
- A skilled verbal and visual communicator
- Passionate about great work that works.
- Never accept the status quo.
Develops key internal relationships with Business teams, Creative and other internal resources to ensure a collaborative approach that provides the client with a seamless service
- Four to seven years brand and communications strategy experience within an agency environment across multiple client portfolios/brands.
- Degree in business, marketing, branding, communication or related field required.
- Previous experience as a brand strategist or similar role.
- Need to have own transport and valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience leading client meetings.
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Creative and compelling storyteller.
- Strong research skills
- Strategic thinker.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple internal and external initiatives/projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong understanding of ROI on various projects and media platforms with the ability to translate opportunities into sales.
- CHASE system experience.
Penquin is a full-service, independent advertising agency
We offer unique integrated marketing solutions that connect people and make them feel part of something bigger. Experiences are the soul of our creative thinking. They inspire us to tell stories that stir emotions, instil belief, and help you build long-lasting, authentic relationships with your customers.
Posted on 10 Jun 16:49