- PMI launches new course and tool kit to help create a workforce of creative problem-solvers
- KZN unveils database to recruit unemployed graduates
- A preservation 'revival' will supercharge South Africa's retirement outcomes
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have an exciting job opportunity for a senior Copywriter to join the studio at a boutique TTL ad agency in Cape Town. The role reports directly to the Executive Creative Director or Group Head and works closely with the Project Management team, the Art Director, Head of Design and the Traffic Manager. The agency’s accounts span the financial, FMCG, alcohol sectors and more. The work includes digital, design, shopper marketing, activations, internal comms, etc. The successful candidate will be required to write copy to support the ideation, development and promotion of client strategies, business problems and briefs and to thoroughly proofread and fact-check all copy. You will also be responsible for developing copy in support of the pursuit of new business. You will be expected to responsible for learning and developing your professional skill set within the realms of your role in the agency. We’re looking for a talented writer who has experience in TTL Advertising, from Content, Social Media, Retail, Brand Campaigns, and Experiential Marketing through to Employee Engagement.
Please note, this role currently works part time on-site and part time remotely.
- Play a central role in thinking up and developing fresh concepts that are pioneering whilst also grounded in insights, data and our clients’ brief and objectives
- Take ownership of client briefs and answering them to a high standard
- Develop clean, engaging and articulate copy in a timely manner to a high quality in line with the creative brief
- Create client presentations that are not formulaic, predictable or wordy; presentations that tell stories and grab the attention of the client
- Adhere to and contribute to the writing style guide and tone and voice of the Company and the client
- Ensure copy is accurate (fact check and copy check), and complete without grammatical and spelling errors
- Be able to write for a number of channels and platforms
- Understand client strategies, business problems, briefs and the message the client is seeking to deliver and translate this into high quality copy, creative solutions and executions
- Present concepts to clients in a confident and engaging way, as required
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts with other members of the Studio to distil and develop ideas, and promote these within the Company
- Work under the guidance of the Creative Director
- Liaise with the Traffic Manager and the Project Management team to ensure job deadlines are clearly established and adhered to
- Assist in debriefing projects with Client Services, the Project Management team and other Studio members to assess the performance of relevant projects, measure progress, and understand areas of improvement
- Be organised in terms of managing the workload you are given and managing your system of filing and backing up of written collateral
- Be proficient on the Company’s operating system e.g. ensure timesheets are loaded on time, receive, and respond to tasks, load progress documents, follow naming conventions etc.
- Take initiative to constantly learn more about writing and researching techniques
- Stay abreast of industry developments and trends and be up to date with news relevant to the Company and clients.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Formal Copywriting or Marketing qualification relevant to the position
- Minimum 6 years’ agency experience – Not negotiable
- Experience with ‘Content’, retail, digital, experiential, and employee engagement
- Some experience working on financial services accounts – ideal
- Strong conceptual ability
- A passion for brand strategy
- Agile and able to take ownership
- Good understanding of consumer dynamics and the full spectrum of the SA marketplace
- ‘Finger on the pulse' individual, aware and up to date with local and international brand and consumer trends
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal
- Must be able to manage time and work to tight deadlines
- Great organisation skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask (manage multiple creative briefs at one time)
- Able to work part of the time remotely.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 18 May 04:30
+27 21 422 1037
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Copywriter jobs
Western Cape Corporate Offices of a listed group requires the Professional approach of a nbsp
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a talented, mid-weight In-House Copywriter to join the Marketing department at an established financial services company in...
Cape Town Rand 28000 - Rand 40000 perMonth
Professional needed with well developed Copywriting skills to develop content for Internal communication, digital news letters and communication etc Matric / Grade...
Cape Town Rand 10080 - Rand 16800 perMonth
A small SEO agency in Glasgow is looking to expand their capacity by adding an experienced SEO copywriter to the team.
8 Jun 2021
We are looking for an innovative content creator to create content for both online and offline channels, including social media...
Potentiam (PTY) Ltd
7 Jun 2021
Cape Town Rand 23000 - Rand 27000 perMonth neg
This is a 12-month contract position for a midweight writer who is proficient at long copy writing.
4 Jun 2021
We are adding to the fast-growing marketing team that is making waves in the South African insurance space, and if you have a way with words, then we need you! If...
Cape Town Rand 20000 - Rand 25000 perMonth
Join an agile, streamlined and dynamic agency as a copywriter. Requirements: Industry-related diploma/degreeThree to four years of relevant experienceCreative work...
Cape Town, Bellville Rand 30000 - Rand 37500 perMonth neg
A leading blue-chip Medical services group is looking to add a suitably qualified Corporate Copywriter to their marketing and communications team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Translate a brief and the strategic requirements into a compelling creative solutionPresent work to the creative...
Luxury hospitality and F&B group with a global expansion mandate is looking for a Senior Social Media Content Creator and Copywriter to be based at its...
25 May 2021
Calling all hotshot Mid-Weight Copywriters! We have a superb job opportunity for you to strut your stuff and show off your creativity at a bustling and growing...
Cape Town, Century City Rand 12500 - Rand 14500 perMonth
Shop Beat is looking for a mid-level copywriter with a love of radio to join our small creative team. Shop Beat is a leading provider of in-store music...
Shop Beat Solutions Pty Ltd
6 May 2021
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates. Calling all hotshot junior Copywriters! We have a superb opportunity for you to strut your stuff and...
You are a master wordsmith. You like crafting text that packs a punch, has meaning and measurable impact.
The Social Effect
3 May 2021
Cape Town, Gardens
Experience Design Infestation, a Cape Town-based branding and visual communications agency is looking for a senior designer with +/-15 years’ agency and design...
12 May 2021