Technical Instructional Writer
|Remuneration:||Rand18000 - Rand21000 per month CostToCompany |
|Type:|| 1 year|
We seek a strong, confident writer to research, structure, write and occasionally edit technical e-learning content. The development of this content, which includes new video creation, is for our international client, a major manufacturer of laptops, desktops and tablets. The subject matter covers hardware and software support, and is created for online delivery to our client’s global workforce. You need to be comfortable learning about and writing material, creating video as needed, for a range of subjects covering the use and support of new technologies including hardware, software and gadgets. If you are professionally-minded and relish the challenge, this could be an interesting new career opportunity.
In addition to technical writing and editing experience, and exposure to creating video for e-learning, the work would give you a grounding and a growth opportunity in an instructional design career; one that we hope you will grow in with us, but that you can also ply almost anywhere in the world.
Our office is in the Cape Town. At present, all work is being done remotely, but in time we expect to re-open the office with appropriate Covid-19 protocols in place to prevent transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. At that time, regular in-office work will become routine, along with remote work, so reasonable proximity and access to Cape Town is essential.
Initial (remote) training will be provided, followed by on-the-job guidance from experienced colleagues.
- Have a university degree
- Demonstrate your excellent English writing skills in your letter of application
- Be able to research and structure technical material, quickly and sensibly
- Have an eye for detail, and be able to edit written content to adhere to a specific House Style
- Be a fast learner, unafraid of getting to grips with subject matter that will often be new to you
- Be proficiently computer-literate, and familiar with Microsoft Office
- Be adaptable, independent, and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Cross-disciplinary experience
- Familiarity with IT- and business-related subject matter
- Unafraid to tackle simple HTML
- Aptitude for working with new software tools and hardware
- Instructional Design experience
- Experience of shooting video and editing raw footage and audio to meet tight deadlines
- You should be highly efficient, and able to meet deadlines regularly and consistently
- You need to be comfortable with a dynamic environment where change is constant
- You need to be able to work constructively with colleagues and managers
- Applications without a letter of motivation and samples of your own writing will be rejected
- Freelancers are not eligible for this work. We are seeking full-time employees
Laragh Courseware, with a staff complement of over 50 people, has been operating successfully in Cape Town for over 24 years.
Posted on 05 May 11:00