Junior/Mid-Weight ATL/Digital Copywriter
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting opening on our books for a talented, Mid-weight Through-the-Line (including above the line and digital) Copywriter at a thriving full service, integrated advertising agency based in Cape Town. In this role you will be responsible for creating effective, impactful and compelling creative on some well-loved South African brands in the Retail and Alcohol sectors. We’re looking for a passionate and driven creative to take these brands to the next level. Are you the superstar we’re looking for?
- Translating the brief and the strategic requirements into a compelling creative solution
- Presentation of work to the Creative Group Head and/or Creative Director
- Together with an Art Director/Designer, generate effective, innovative and compelling creative concepts for individual ads or campaigns based on sound strategies
- Proactively identify creative trends and opportunities
- Direct and produce effective, impactful and compelling advertising that reflects insight into the task, the brand and the target market
- Write copy and scripts for electronic / digital media
- Direct radio towards a high-quality final product
- Take ownership of your tasks and actively manage the creative process to progress towards deadline
- Writing and production for radio
- Ensure constant optimisation of all relevant platforms
- Optimise video and image content across all relevant platforms
- SEO keyword, market and competitor research as well as audits when required
- Blog and content creation (blog writing, press releases, internal SEO and PPC work).
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Ideally a degree/diploma in Copywriting or Journalism
- Previous advertising, digital or in-house agency copywriting experience essential
- Proficiency in both English and Afrikaans Copywriting preferred
- 3-4+ years copywriting experience within an agency
- Proficient in PowerPoint/Keynote, MS Word
- Conceptual and exceptional advertising ability
- A portfolio that reflects creative copywriting proficiencies
- Flair for writing imaginative, broad, intrusive, creative and original work
- Understanding of advertising as a selling tool
- Capability to take on campaigns with multi-element tasks which requires a concept and a thought through process
- Accept guidance and respond well to criticism
- Resilient – can accept setbacks
- Finely honed copywriting skills and latest techniques
- A great sense of humour
- Able to demonstrate creative insight and brilliance for client solutions across all media platforms
- Detail-obsessed big thinker, passionate and hard-working, self-motivated team player with the ability to grasp a client's strategy and brand, and deliver beautiful, insightful, polished work.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 23 Feb 10:55
+27 21 422 1037
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Copywriter, Digital Designer, Digital Account Manager, Head of Digital, Digital Copywriter, Graphic/Digital Designer, Digital Media Strategist