- The Hawthorne Effect and the future leadership attributes required
- Unemployment rises to 32.5%
- D&AD Shift partners with Google to help secure jobs for diverse creative talent
Senior Account Director/Junior Group Account Director
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Account Director/Junior Group Account Director to join their high performing team in Johannesburg. The team builds strong client relationships and ensures strategic leadership of clients. You will be primarily responsible for the management of relationships with clients and growing the client service team. As the senior point of contact for an agency’s clients, you will also coordinate the resources needed to service projects, balance the expectations of clients and the execution of creative work. In addition, the role acts as the steward and mentor for the full team, ensuring strong team unity and ways of working, optimising talent utilisation and growth among all team members.
- Strategically Lead Client and display business knowledge and acumen: By giving innovative solutions and providing high level client service excellence & satisfaction.
- Strategic account leadership: Using your skills to push clients, and the agency, creatively and strategically guide and lead the team to provide the utmost level of client service through effective ongoing client engagement resulting in meaningful contribution to client's business growth.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients: Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis and act as supporting point of contact for clients in the absence of other team members.
- Compile detailed/informative briefs: For creative and strategic departments and ensure swift turnaround time of briefs
- Successfully develop business accounts creatively and financially: Identify business development opportunities and promoting the expansion of business with existing clients
- Meet existing and new business financial targets
- Manage a portfolio extensive experience in digital campaigns from concept through to final roll-out
- Work alongside the client service team to ensure all campaigns are fully integrated from ATL onto all digital platforms
- Understand brands and their integrated digital marketing communication needs
- Effective and efficient project management of tasks: Completing projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Adherence to internal systems and contributing to team effectiveness.
- Ensure that you and the team are well prepared for client meetings and produce accurate and timely contact reports after each client meeting
- Liaise with colleagues in Traffic, Creative team, Production, and other departments to ensure a job is actioned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant degree/diploma or equivalent
- FMCG and corporate brand and marketing communications experience
- Minimum seven (7) years advertising agency experience.
- Digital and ATL experience
- Excellent project management ability, and agency process and systems knowledge.
- CHASE proficiency advantageous.
- Valid driver's license and own transport
- Knowledge and exposure to all media platforms and production and printing outputs
- Outstanding organisational capability, operational skills, and attention to detail
- Patient and level-headed, but full of energy and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Proactive, agile and leading in approach to client service
- Keen on delivering quality, innovative solutions for client
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level.
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 22 Feb 12:51
+27 21 422 1037
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Account Manager, Account Director, Account Executive, Creative Director, Digital Account Manager, Art Director, Campaign Manager, PR Account Director, Director
Get job alerts for Account Director jobs
Johannesburg, Bryanston R37000 - R40000 Monthly neg
A highly respected advertising agency is on the lookout for a dynamic account director to client service a highly demanding, challenging piece of business.
Boomtown has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Director to join our high performing team that builds strong client relationships and ensures strategic...