- Making a hospital space feel psychologically safer helped South African health workers
- Evolution of workforce skills demand - what the future holds
- 5 key trends shaping the post-pandemic workplace
Managing Director - Creative Boutique Agency
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a superb opportunity for a truly dynamic Managing Director to take the reins at a creative boutique ad agency with a stellar track record, based in Johannesburg. This is an unmatched opportunity for you to show your incredible ability to make this agency shine even brighter. We’re ideally looking for a candidate with advertising agency experience, but they will also consider client-side Marketers who have the ability and talent to take their incredible skills agency side. This role is so exciting giving the successful candidate the chance to work with exceptional creative talent and a team with the kind of heart and innovation that sets them apart.
- To drive new business development
- To lead team (A Business Director and Account Manager)
- To provide communication solutions for clients across the full platform of communications
- To collaborate with wider agency team (for creative, strategy, back-office support)
- Manage client contract/fee negotiations
- Plays an active role in ‘PR’ type initiatives on agency’s behalf
- Inspires confidence to the whole agency and demonstrates clear leadership and strategic vision and direction
- In conjunction with HR, oversees selection, performance management, employee relations and related HR matters in accordance with agency policy and procedures
- Through actions and established standards, create a team environment that facilitates mutual respect and partnership across functions, quality thinking, appropriate risk taking, open lines of communication between staff and managers, on-going performance feedback
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant tertiary qualification
- Ad agency experience – preferable - but will also consider Client-Side Marketers who have the ability to take their incredible skills onto agency side
- Successful track record of new business development
- Commercially savvy
- Extensive agency experience
- Regarded as a partner by senior clients, senior agency management and senior World Group team members
- Successful in leading, managing and motivating multi-disciplinary teams in collaborating to achieve established objectives
- Ongoing pursuit of training opportunities and professional development
- Active member of related professional associations
- Experience in building a start-up/growing agency - would be useful
- Understanding of all facets of communication.
- Senior level management experience, possibly GM of a smaller company
- Proven success demonstrating solid financial acumen by establishing accurate pipeline forecasts, developing and managing large budgets, ensuring appropriate staffing while managing a profitable business portfolio
- Proof of a “people management philosophy” that fits with the agency model
- “Leader” or “expert” in a core discipline
- Proven new business success
- Success leadership of senior level clients across a range of accounts
- One who takes ownership
- Hands on.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 04 Dec 10:48
+27 21 422 1037
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Account Manager, Account Director, Art Director, PR Account Director, Account Executive, Branch Manager, Campaign Manager, Digital Account Manager, Operations Manager