- Making a hospital space feel psychologically safer helped South African health workers
- Evolution of workforce skills demand - what the future holds
- 5 key trends shaping the post-pandemic workplace
Senior Conceptual Copywriter
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Gap and RA|
|Company:||Ogilvy Cape Town|
Job descriptionA senior concept creative is a copywriter/art director hybrid – you can lean towards copy but should be able to straddle the basics of both copy and art director capabilities and should be willing to learn and upskill where needed.
Senior concept creatives are client facing, conceptual thinkers who are able to work alone and in collaboration with other conceptual creatives and creative specialists. They have sufficient communication skills to visualise and sell their creative ideas. When it comes to their thinking, they are channel and brand agnostic. We consider concept creatives to be able to think through the funnel, from big attention-grabbing platform ideas to functional bottom of the funnel conversion ideas.
We sell or else should be the guide through everything we do. This role needs someone who can work efficiently under pressure, in collaboration with media and strategy from the get-go. We thrive in a fast pace environment in an ever-changing landscape, having a solution orientated mindset is key to succeed in this role.
RequirementsUnder the supervision of an ACD or creative director, you will be responsible for the concept and ideation of campaign ideas. Leading ideas through the funnel from big idea through to purchase.
Key requirements include:
- Strong Conceptual ability (top of the funnel excellence)
- Confidence and good communication skills as the role involves a high level of client engagement
- Creative leadership that understands and promotes platform storytelling
- Financially conscious
- Culture of creative collaboration with the System (paid media) and Story (strategy) teams
- Good design skills across a wide range of creative mock-up executions and presentation designs (internal and external) – e.g. Keynote, Photoshop, QuickTime Player, etc
- Culture of agility (rapid turn-around)
- Culture of innovation
- Strong and up-to-date knowledge of communication platforms and formats and channels
- Understanding of, and ability to, develop bottom of the funnel performance content
- Understanding of the ever-changing consumer landscape
- You ensure that the creative team/traffic manager/production manager are aligned throughout projects, to meet deadlines
- You are responsible for overcoming any difficulties and finding solutions during the project while keeping your team members informed throughout.
- You build strong relationships and foster good team spirit with both clients and members of the agency to bring great ideas and creative work to life
- You will have a solution-focused attitude
- You have a thorough working knowledge of Workbook (timesheets)
- You are ultimately responsible for ensuring your work is produced efficiently and on time
- You will work in close collaboration with your seniors who will set in place a structured way of working.
- Minimum of six years of copywriter experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
Posted on 04 Dec 07:43
Apply by emailVuyani Ngabaza
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Copywriter
Get job alerts for Copywriter jobs
Cape Town, Bellville R25000 - R30000 Monthly neg
A leading blue-chip financial services group is looking to add a suitably qualified copywriter to their marketing and communications team.
Ninety9cents is a full service, integrated advertising agency located in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently-owned agencies.
Our eCommerce department is looking for a dedicated and passionate eCommerce Copywriter to generate product and marketing-related copy that provides customers with all...
We have an exciting job opportunity for a mid-weight Copywriter to join the Studio at a super BTL ad agency in Cape Town.
Cape Town R6000 - R7000 Monthly
Heard of writer’s block? Yeah, us neither! We’re all about quality (and some quantity too) but mostly we are about helping local businesses thrive! Join our...
Cape Town R6000 Monthly
Do you feel like you might have a little obsession with words and writing? This is the kind of an obsession we’re here for and endorse without hesitation.