- The secret to successful leadership in the 21st Century
- 5 remote work and hiring trends influencing workforce decisions
- Are SA employers allowed to implement a compulsory Covid-19 vaccine policy? (Part 1)
|Location:||Cape Town, Zonnebloem|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionWe’re looking for an experienced and passionate Account Manager to join our Cape Town team.
As an Account Manager, you should be someone who views marketing and advertising as a career and not a job. You are passionate about digital, brand building, strategy, and memorable campaigns. All the while building strong relationships with both our clients and internal agency stakeholders.
You will be reporting into an Account Director and Business Lead across multiple clients and multiple disciplines. You need to be able to hit the ground running from day 1, be a self-starter and consistently drive excellence.
We’re looking to build something awesome, and for that to happen we need the right people. In other words, we’re going to be really fussy. In fact, the right personality is just as important as the right experience. We’re here to work hard and have fun. If you’re into that please get in touch.
Company DescriptionMachine_ is a TTL creative agency with strong digital roots and is home to over 75 adventurous minds in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. It is the agency’s mission to help brands find creative solutions to new challenges in a hyper-connected world, whilst at the same time building solid, long-term relationships with our clients.
“Never Afraid” is Machine’s mantra, it underpins our values of: doing the right thing, being curious, solution orientated, and at its core getting things done.?Living this mantra daily helps grow our clients’?businesses and our agency. These are also the values we look for when recruiting new talent. The right personality is just as important as the right experience.
The account manager will be responsible for:
- Management of TTL campaigns (with a predominantly digital focus) and communication on a day-to-day basis
- Management of client expectations and service delivery by being a focal point for day-to-day interaction
- Educated to a degree level
- Marketing qualification essential
- Two to three years’ experience in account management in communication
- Managing the expectations of multiple stakeholders seamlessly to deliver according to brief, strategy and to the highest standard
- You must have experience running jobs, projects and campaigns from start to finish with little senior support
- Experience driving out the production of high-quality printed material is critical
- Digital experience is preferred
- Experience on Chase is preferred
- Financial and budget management experience is preferred
- Experience in the publishing and content industry is a plus
- Have direct contact with the client on a daily basis and foster a solid relationship
- Be consistently responsive and accessible to your client and team at all times
- Have tough and honest conversations with your client to enable your team to deliver excellence and to create trust
- Have an excellent relationship with clients where they can rely on you, you proactively update them, and you assist them in delivering their requirements on time by reminding them as required
- Have the ability to manage all kinds of personalities and always strive to get the best out of each individual
- Have an excellent knowledge understanding of the client, the agency, the strategy, and the process in order to deliver efficiently and to the highest quality
- Ensure status is consistently up-to-date and correct
- Ensure that all meetings have thorough agendas, driving a productive outcome
- Ensure that contact reports are delivered timeously with key deliverables and then drive out those deliverables to the agreed timings
- Create timing plans for all jobs and campaigns in order to drive delivery
- Know the status of each job in the system at all times
- Work together with your full team across Traffic, Strategy, Content Marketing, Creative, Production, Development, etc. to deliver high-quality work
- Manage tight deadlines while adhering to processes
- Seamlessly manage multiple stakeholders across multiple clients under the guidance of your Business Lead
- Take full ownership of every job that comes through you – ensure that every job is measured against client requirements, agreed strategy and on-brand
- Write excellent briefs with full clarity on all requirements and inspire strategy, creative, production, development to do great work
- Consider the impact of any given change briefed by client on other elements in a campaign or other jobs in the system – this might be a timing impact, it might be a strategic impact, it might require more work on other elements / jobs
- Maintain the integrity of the creative strategy and work throughout the campaign
- Communicate with excellence, maturity and intent when writing or speaking
- Have excellent self-management, with thorough to-do lists and personal organization which supports your ability to be efficient and effective in your job
- Have an opinion and be solution-orientated
- Understand what jobs are in scope and out-of-scope to ensure that costs are raised accurately and upfront as required
- Ensure that your billings are completed by billing cut off each month
- Ensure that client CEs are approved before any supplier POs are raised
- Ensure that the right people have approved all work before it is sent to the client
- Ensure that the right people have been included in client meetings to support the outcome of the meeting and that everyone is prepared and aligned
- Keep abreast of what is happening in the market (broad communication trends and client competitor work) in order to add additional value to your client’s business
- Manage up – ensure your seniors are abreast of all activity on the account and empower them to support you through open lines of communication
- Be prepared to work long hours as and when is necessary in order to deliver according to the deadline and to support the broader team
- Join in the agency culture to build strong relationships across the business
The successful new candidate will be passionate about the advertising and communications industry, highly motivated with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. The following attributes are also essential:
- Highly organised
- Easily self-manage
- A team player
- Enjoy working under pressure
- Working independently and collaboratively with key team members
- Hungry to learn and grow and always willing to try something new
- Thrive in an ever-changing environment
- A passion for storytelling
- A keen eye for detail and a drive for perfection
- Deadline awareness and ability to handle all kinds of pressure
- Taking initiative and ownership of your projects, never be a paper-pusher!
- Pro-actively solving problems
- An acute sense of responsibility and accountability
- Cool, calm and optimistic
- Enjoying the thrill of a challenge
- Motivated by a desire to add value to your clients’ business
- A sense of humour
- Celebrate the small stuff
Posted on 23 Nov 15:20
Apply by emailAaliyah Hoosain
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Store Manager, Account Manager, Account Director, Marketing Manager, PR Account Director, Account Executive, Project Manager, Brand Manager, Digital Account Manager
Get job alerts for Account Manager jobs
Cape Town, Woodstock
CWDi is a brand agency and our clients are local and global household names.
Cape Town, Oranjezicht R8000 - R12000 Monthly
Company background: Brandright was founded to launch, enhance and re-invent SME's and Start-ups, enabling them to sell more, earn more and grow.
The Job Ready to step into the world of marketing and try your hand at client liaison? We are looking for a young, energetic junior client relationship manager to...
This is a wonderful job opportunity for an experienced PR Account Manager at an up-and-coming boutique PR agency start-up based in Cape Town.
Cape Town, Woodstock
Ogilvy Cape Town is looking for an Account Manager to join their retail team.
HelloFCB+ is looking for a get-things-done human to join our account leadership team.
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. We have an exciting 6-month contract job opportunity for a senior Account Manager at an admired Boutique...
Company: Red Ribbon Communications Position: PR Account Director Industry: Media Relations, Content Strategy, Digital Advertising Employment type:...
Cape Town, Rondebosch R20000 - R36000 Monthly neg
The client/account lead is a skilled and driven individual who takes responsibility for owning and growing key client relationships, as well as managing the strategic...