- Gender-responsive budgeting as a response to widening gender inequality
- MTN transformation programme turns employees into store owners
- Why contracting, micro-jobbing and gig work is on the rise
Corporate Brand/PR Manager
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Faculty of Economics and Management Sciences
University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB)
Corporate Brand and PR Manager (USB)
The University of Stellenbosch Business School, which falls under Stellenbosch University’s Faculty of Economics and Management Sciences, has established itself as one of the top providers of internationally accredited business management programmes in South Africa. The School enjoys the status of three international accreditations – AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA – reserved for only a few schools in the world. Our vision is to be globally recognised as a source of value for a better world. We aim to achieve this by developing responsible leaders who can positively impact society.
- Developing a communication/public relations strategy for the USB brand;
- Effectively managing discrepancies between corporate identity and corporate reputation using an appropriate marketing mix of elements;
- Developing annual implementation plans to deliver strategy;
- Identifying customer segments and stakeholder-focused marketing innovation (internal and external);
- Developing appropriate performance metrics against set objectives;
- A & P budget management;
- Managing brand CI and collateral;
- Developing and managing corporate advertising campaigns for the USB brand;
- Working with others to create compelling content: text, image and video;
- Assisting with SEO opportunities;
- Ensuring that relevant content is posted in accordance with the content calendar;
- Establishing and managing relationships with media/industry journalists;
- Managing incoming media requests;
- Working with the internal team to deliver events, within budget, that meet expectations;
- Networking/ participating in industry events to build a brand profile;
- Customer experience management;
- Managing partnerships and sponsorships;
- Managing relationships with USB related brands;
- Monitoring USB and competitors’ activities and suggesting improvements;
- Undertaking research, extracting insights and recommending improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Management, or equivalent qualification;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in marketing, marketing services, or brand management;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Proven ability to take initiative and to make an independent judgement in performing tasks;
- The delivery of outputs that comply with the highest quality standards;
- Professional conduct and a professional appearance;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, organised and methodical;
- A pro-active problem-solving outlook;
- The ability to function in a multilingual environment;
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Willingness to work after hours if necessary.
Work experience in the business or university sector.
Commencement of duties: 1 December 2020
Closing date: 15 October 2020
Enquiries regarding this post: Owen Mbundu on 021 918 4225, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753 or at az.ca.nus@rh-e-nus.
The University is committed to employment equity (EE), and appointments will be made in line with the EE plan for the specific environment as well as Stellenbosch University’s institutional EE Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidate
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 14 Sep 14:25
Cape Town, Northern Suburbs R60000 - R70000 Monthly
One of South Africa's largest retailers has a really great opportunity for an innovative and experienced project/product manager - based in Cape Town.
If you're passionate about software, an excellent communicator, organised, efficient and proactive, as well as defining the objectives and scopes of each stage of the...
Disciplines: Event managementHospitality
Cape Town, Sea Point
Monetise (www.monetise.co.za) is a boutique eCommerce agency based in Cape Town.
Cape Town R15000 - R20000 Monthly
As our Project manager you will be responsible for managing projects, workflows and resources at Platinum Seed as well as communicating and managing client...
Cape Town R15000 Monthly neg
Job description S&C is a 100% Independent and Women-owned creative agency who is looking for an experienced senior Creative project manager.
MORE South Africa is looking for an exceptional project manager for a contract opportunity to be based in either Cape Town or Durban.
Cape Town, Woodstock R25000 - R25000 Monthly
B Online is a fast-growing digital agency. We are currently looking for a project manager who has a keen eye on design. This is great opportunity to take on a key...