Trade Marketing Communications Specialist
Job descriptionOliver South Africa is looking for a skilled trade marketing communications specialist for a contract opportunity to be based at our client site in Braamfontein, Johannesburg (this will, however, be remote work until the lockdown is completed).
Employment type: Five-month fixed term contract.
Start date: 1 September 2020
Location: Braamfontein, Johannesburg
You will be responsible for planning and coordinating all aspects of engaging, interactive virtual events for a financial services client. You will be expected to produce quality webinars from start to finish that can be reused as content on their website.
You need to have good attention to detail, a proactive attitude and good communication skills. As this is an in-house corporate position, a calm demeanour and positive attitude are a must.
- Collaborate with client to determine requirements for each virtual event
- Manage pre-production, online preparation, day-of-event execution and closing out of virtual events on various platforms
- Oversee event checklist and timeline to ensure all requirements and deadlines are met
- Plan and oversee virtual event logistics including management of event postings, attendee registrations, email communications, prepping speakers
- Collaborate with other members of the production team or external suppliers including design and comms.
- Quality check own work
- Present work to the client when necessary
- Coordinate ‘on-air’ logistics as a participant when necessary
- Help client find solutions to their brief
- Develop an effective working relationship with colleagues and client
- Takes ownership and responsibility
- Complete timesheets.
- Manage all digital communication platforms, which includes posting of information on social media platforms, building of emailers/landing pages/SMSes/Forms for distribution, updating and maintaining information on internal adviser website, managing the hosting of documents on FTP site
- Providing assistance with technical, platform-related issues to advisers
- Assisting in the management of platform development/enhancement projects
- Liaising with audience/recipients, which includes maintaining contact information and any other information beneficial to enhancing the understanding of the audience/recipients and successful execution of the strategy
- Four years of experience planning and executing virtual events, YouTube or other commercial blogging or corporate channels.
- Demonstrated technical expertise with virtual event/webinar/content hosting platforms (Zoom, Crowdcast, Google Meet, Teams).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in guiding teams through the execution of live events, shows, virtual productions and experiences.
- Excellent virtual facilitator skills and the ability to answer and troubleshoot questions from attendees.
- Experience providing exemplary customer service under pressure.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to plan and deliver against hard and fast deadlines.
- Creative problem solver.
- Experience working remotely and with partners.
- Have a proactive approach to briefs, adding value and looking at different approaches where possible.
- Comfortable working in an unstructured, fast turn-around environment.
- Solutions driven with a calm demeanour.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills especially when working remotely.
- Good attention to detail, ability to quality check your own work, a proactive attitude and good communication skills.
- Diploma or related degree
- B2B experience is advantageous.
- Corporate experience advantageous.
- Comfortable working on-site with client.
As we are working remotely until the lockdown has completed, it is essential that the ideal candidate has the following in place to ensure there are no delays in delivering work timeously:
- Back-up power supply, if necessary.
- Stable internet connectivity – fibre connection preferable (options can be discussed) in order to connect to remote servers as well as to conduct virtual meetings daily.
- Personal computer with relevant capabilities necessary for the role.
To apply email labolg.erom@tnemtiurcer
Oliver, part of the global Inside Ideas Group (Oliver, AdjustYourSet, DARE, etc.), is a rapidly expanding creative services agency with a twist – we provide our clients with bespoke dedicated agencies that operate from within their offices. It’s a dynamic fast-paced solutions-focused start-up environment – that brings client and agency closer together to create more creative and effective work.
Posted on 11 Aug 09:52
Apply by emailSarisha Govender
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.