|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, South End|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionIf you are top-notch public relations manager (PR manager) who’s been waiting for the right opportunity, Boomtown has the stage set and needs someone who can shine and deliver! We are looking for a competent person to lead our public relations offering both for internal and external clients contributing to the strategy, collaboration, execution and measurement of PR and media relations campaigns, with the goal of building and enhancing a favourable image of our company and clients.
Key performance areas:
- Liaises with BT creative team, digital, social media, strategy and other internal resources in order to deliver the best possible product.
- Manages day to day PR activities for BT clients, monitoring feedback and responding appropriately.
- Generally assists when necessary in the planning and conceptualising of new campaigns and business initiatives and proposals.
- Effectively and efficiently interprets briefs and fulfils the PR needs and objectives/goals of the digital/PR strategy.
- Can defuse problem situations on behalf of clients.
- Writes comprehensive and correct media releases.
- Has extensive knowledge of digital, social media, and strategic communication.
- Can harness and use different communication tools for optimum results for client and agency benefit.
- Able to pay attention to details such as; spelling, image quality, typesetting, and colour adjustment.
- Effectively liaises with internal resources to generate high quality and timely content.
- Monitors feedback and response accurately and effectively through defined response channels.
- Compiles and presents monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on all PR accounts managed based on appropriate scope.
- Does research and identifies the latest trends, thus new possible business opportunities, threats, and potential media engagements.
- Provides support in the conceptualising of new campaigns.
- Able to assist with new business initiatives and preparation of pitch documents and proposals.
- Generates creative ideas to better satisfy the client.
- Actively participates in team discussions and activities.
- Carries out media monitoring
Company DescriptionCreativity. It’s not just a word, it’s an ethos, it fuels the energy that drives us as an advertising agency in order to deliver dynamic solutions for our clients.
It’s a collaboration of our strong multi-disciplinary teams that through collective creativity sees the possibilities that others don’t.
At Boomtown, we delve into what drives the modern consumer and move beyond tired, conventional marketing strategies to find innovative, creative, and ultimately effective ways to bring brands to life.
To believe in the ability to see what could be rather than what is, and the knowledge that in each and every one of us, and in each and every project we undertake for our clients, is the ability to achieve what others only dream of,
the realisation of possibility.
- Previous working experience as a public relations specialist with min. three to five years.
- BSc/BA in PR, communications, journalism or similar relevant field.
- A proven track record of successful PR campaigns.
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking.
- Attention to detail.
Posted on 24 Jan 12:41