|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R20000 - R35000 per month negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Champagne, flexible culture, high responsibility, meaningful work, plenty more...|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Dunkeld West, Sandton|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionWant to use your Account Management skills to run corporate employee volunteering programmes on an award-winning tech platform?
Forgood is a technology platform that connects people who want to make a difference – to the causes that need their help. We drive both revenue and impact through a software-as-a-service product that we sell into corporate South Africa as a tool to create, manage and measure employee volunteering programmes. This platform is used by 15 major brands with 25k+ employees already signed up.
Please don’t spam us with your CV. We’ll ignore any candidates that do not follow the instructions in this job spec. We’re different. You’ll see.
We need someone to join our programme management team – directly interfacing with large South African corporates as we manage their employee volunteering programmes, events and strategic projects on our platform.
Go watch this. If it resonates, read on!
You must want:
- To work in a fast-paced tech “scale-Up” environment, where at times it may be necessary to do tasks beyond the job description.
- To be rewarded for outcomes over effort.
- A non-traditional client service job. We have a hybrid team with different strengths. A few sales, a whole lot of communication, the opportunity to put your creative genius to the test, while at the same time understanding and hitting performance targets.
- Learn quickly, work fast, think big, prove yourself, leave ego at the door.
- Share your passion, be energetic, solve problems on your feet and obsess over the details.
- Commit. We’re not going to sink blood, sweat, tears, time and champagne (our celebration method of choice currently) into someone who’s going to bounce when things get hard. You’re in this for two to four years or you’re not in it at all.
- Comfortable with technology. We’re serious about this. You need to love the Internet, be fluent in online platforms and understand your URL from your Excel (actually, you need to understand a lot more than that – but you get our point!)
- We take our client relationships very seriously. You will be building productive, respectful and innovative relationships with up to 6 large corporates.
- Attend client status meetings, generate and create reports.
- Be responsible for invoicing and client retention.
- Crisis manage and problem solve any issues that arise.
- Provide training to new and existing clients. Confidence and presentation skills are critical.
- Provide strategic input into the design of employee volunteering programmes and the customisation of our platform.
- Reporting on monthly traffic, behaviour and insights. Invent and execute tactics based on these insights.
- Create, pitch, manage and report on client events and campaigns.
- Be excellent. Be awesome. Be detailed orientated.
- Work with our Community Team to ensure that our client’s Causes (charities) are happy and responsive and getting value out of the programme.
- Work with the Product Management and Development Team to invent and test new features, concierge user experiences and provide feedback.
- Continuously use, test, iterate and execute client strategies on our platform.
- Contribute to forgood’s social media presence.
Company DescriptionSA's largest volunteering platform. We connect people to causes!
RequirementsQualifications and experience required
- A tertiary qualification. If you don’t have a degree, show us why you don’t need one.
- Four to eight years, client-facing/client management experience. Don’t cheat on this one – the ability to build relationships and deliver excellent client-facing work takes practice.
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills
- Any social impact sector experience = bonus but not necessary. We're more interested in high-performance capitalists that want to create some meaning in the world.
- Event management/activation/marketing/communication experience very preferable. We need all-rounders that are multi-skilled and can multi-task.
Too many people in South Africa just click apply on every job that’s out there. That doesn’t work for us because it doesn’t show that you care. It doesn’t tell us that you really want this role. And we only want to hear from people who really want this role. You gotta do your research and put some effort in – or rather don’t.
Please answer these questions. We’ll request CVs from the best answers.
- Tell us about a difficult account that you managed – and what did you learn from it?
- What does an outcomes-based culture mean to you?
- Which of your skills do you think would be the most relevant for this role?
- How do you think our product (www.forgood.co.za) can be improved?
- We’ll get tons of great candidates. Tell us one thing you’ve done in your life that will make us interested in you.
Salary: Market and experience-related.
Email your answers to .
Posted on 23 Jan 14:46
Get job alerts for Account Manager jobs
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Tradeway Promotions
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Norwood
- Account Manager - Corporate Communications, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- PR Junior Account Manager, Sandton, Irvine Partners
- Account Manager - Marketing Research - Quantitative Research, Johannesburg, Sandton and Surrounds, LayerCake recruitment
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Account Manager - PR, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy South Africa
- Account Manager, Bryanston, The Skills Mine
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Fourways
- Junior Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Senior Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Greenside, Gorilla
- Senior Tech PR Account Manager/Director, Johannesburg, Morningside, DUO Marketing + Communications
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton
- Account Manager - FMCG, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Account Manager - Market Research, Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Sales/Client Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton Estate
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Freelance Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy South Africa
- PPC Account Manager | Marketing Agency, Johannesburg, Amplified Talent
- PR Account Manager, Johannesburg, Peter Place, Sandton
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Sandton
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Kramerville, Sandton
- PR Account Director, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- PR Account Director, Centurion, Ad Talent
- Senior PR Account Director/Business Unit Director, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent
- Paid Search Specialist, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Paid Search/Google Specialist, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Sandton