|Get jobs on your |
Magazine Layout Artist
|Remuneration:||R17000 - R25000 per month|
Job descriptionThe position calls for an experienced magazine layout artist who can creatively follow a design and bring the pages to life.
As a layout designer, you will create designs and make design look and feel decisions about text sizes, styles, and fonts, including text spacing and arrangement. This aspect of the role requires a high level of familiarity with the principles of typography and knowledge of how specific fonts can influence a reader and inform how they approach the page. In many cases, layout designers consider how to ensure readability both online and in print.
You will primarily be responsible for artworking and applying designs across a range of media, so an eye for detail and the ability to work fast and faultlessly are both essential.
- Composition skills – An eye for composition is one of the key skills in this role, as layout designers need to ensure that page elements are balanced and work with one another to guide the reader
- Typography skills – This role also requires a strong grasp of typography principles and a keen understanding of how font sizes and styles affect the way readers engage with information
- Image and text editing – In many cases, layout designers need to edit captions, adjust photos, or alter the text to make these elements fit the page, so you should be able to effectively make changes to page content
- A degree or diploma in design
- Good basic design skills
- At least three years of layout and design experience
- Literate and able to cleverly use words within the design
- Able to work on your own with limited intervention
- Consistently complete work within deadlines and to standard
- Show ability in the designing of templates
RequirementsSend your up-to-date CV and portfolio via email to the address below.
All candidates will be considered that adhere to the ad requirements. Due to the sheer volume of applications - should you not hear back from us within 48 - 96 hours of submitting your CV, please treat your application as unsuccessful. We do however store all CV's on our database and will contact any prospective candidate for a role we believe you are suited for in the near future.
Posted on 14 Jan 11:38