- Finding your first job: a step-by-step guide for grads
- Youth development tops AEC 2019 agenda
- Resignation with immediate effect - separate rulings confuse the matter
|Get jobs on your |
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Company:||Oliver South Africa|
Job descriptionOliver South Africa is seeking an experienced business director for an exciting opportunity to be based in the Northern suburbs of Johannesburg. You will be a strong business director working with our blue-chip clients in Johannesburg and Cape Town, thus occasional regional travel may be required.
As a business director you will be accountable for:
- the development of strategy and oversight across market-specific digital design, creative and production output.
- championing and producing engaging, digital, creative content across an integrated channel mix.
- producing both local and global campaigns.
- working closely with our clients as a long-term business partner, steering the development of their brand and marketing strategy and building relationships with marketing and brand directors and Brand VP’s.
- being the client-lead at a number of on-site client teams, managing the Account Directors of those teams and being responsible to the client for the deliverables of each studio that you oversee.
- driving the growth of these teams, working closely with senior clients on their advertising and content requirements and maintaining Oliver as the chosen partner
- Client service
- Building strong relationships with all clients, from brand execs and managers through to directors and VP’s
- Escalation point for the client for any issues with your teams,
- You will be confident with clients and will challenge the client when necessary, whilst keeping a positive relationship. You negotiate to create win-win compromises with your client on behalf of your team members where needed
- You will ensure each team delivers to the expected levels of client requirements at all times
- Lead each team by example, managing the Account Directors (AD’s)
- Developing, coaching and driving AD’s and their teams to constantly add value to our clients and to challenge the briefs we receive, in order to break the norm and deliver outstanding creative work
- You will be responsible for the guidance and development of your team, so it is essential you are a great communicator, able to inspire your team and spot potential
- You will have oversight of your teams WIPs and knowledge of projects going through the Studio’s, without being pulled into the day to day management of projects. You need to have the ability to direct teams to deliver, without getting caught up in the detail
- Responsible for growing the Studio offering, pushing our capabilities to Client’s brand teams and keeping us front of mind with brands for all our current and potential agency services.
- You will actively seek out opportunities with brands and build relationships with senior clients, pushing to upsell our offering
Follow refined processes for the Studios and OLIVER and push teams to work to the processes set out, but have the ability to challenge process to ensure teams are working as efficiently and effectively as possible
Manage the P&L for each Studio team and forecast operational income on a weekly basis to senior management
RequirementsExperience and skills:
- Eight+ years of relevant client services agency work experience in a senior role
- BUD experience is required
- Strong strategic thinker, with an agency background.
- Strong digital marketing landscape capability
- Previously having lead teams of over 15 people
- Having worked for large financial and professional services client
- A strong grounding in the commercial running of accounts, bank and stretch forecasting and P&L
- Strong gravitas and the ability to build relationships with senior clients, hence building credibility and trust in our offering
- Capability of resolving problems with a solution-based attitude
- A team player with a client-centric focus and possesses the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with your teams and colleagues
- Some client-side experience will be advantageous.
This is an Employment Equity position
To apply email .
Oliver, part of the global Inside Ideas Group (Oliver, AdjustYourSet, DARE, etc.), is a rapidly expanding creative services agency with a twist – we provide our clients with bespoke dedicated agencies that operate from within their offices. It’s a dynamic fast-paced solutions-focused start-up environment – that brings client and agency closer together to create more creative and effective work.
Posted on 03 Dec 14:16
Get job alerts for Director jobs
- Creative Director/Senior Designer, Johannesburg, Rosebank Area
- Senior Account Director, Johannesburg, VMLY&R South Africa
- Mid Art Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston,Sandton, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Senior Art Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Sandton, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Senior Video Editor/Promo Director, Johannesburg, Western suburbs, Ad Talent
- Business Unit Director - PR, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Managing Director - Youth Agency, Johannesburg, Viv Gordon Placements
- Senior Art Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Cardilogix
- Account Director - FMCG, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Business Unit Director - Market Research/Quantitative, Johannesburg, Sandton, LayerCake recruitment
- Senior Account Manager/Account Director, Johannesburg, Rivonia, MetropolitanRepublic Integrated Communications
- Digital Account Director, Hyde Park
- Account Director - Marketing Research, Johannesburg, Sandton, LayerCake recruitment
- TTL Designer/Art Director, Johannesburg, Viv Gordon Placements
- Account Director - Customer Experience/Brand Health Tracking, Johannesburg, Sandton, LayerCake recruitment
- PR Account Director - FMCG Portfolio, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Lewyll Communications
- Senior PR Account Director, Johannesburg, Viv Gordon Placements
- Designer/Art Director, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent
- Art Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Designer/Art Director, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent
- Promo/Creative Director, Johannesburg, Western suburbs, Ad Talent
- Director - Franchise Sales, Pretoria
- Business Unit Director, Johannesburg, Viv Gordon Placements
- Senior Account Directors, Sandton, Lewyll Communications
- Digital Creative Director, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Senior Creative Team - Art Director/Copywriter, Johannesburg, VMLY&R South Africa
- PR Business Unit Director - Technology Portfolio, Bryanston, Lewyll Communications
- Freelance Account Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy South Africa
- Art Director/Senior Designer, Johannesburg, Bryanston