|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R40000 - R50000 per month|
Job descriptionOn behalf of our client, a leading global communications firm, we are hiring a communication specialist.
This role is responsible for devising and executing the communications strategy and plans; managing clients; advising leadership and thought leadership, and reporting on results and value of communications efforts.
You will be responsible for closely working/networking with internal stakeholders, journalists and other external relationships (as needed), and serve as their primary contact for all communications initiatives.
You need to be experienced in:
- Media/influencer relations
- Client service/management
- Writing proficiencies
- Recommend and oversee the use of appropriate communications platforms for different audiences, different audience segments, and different messages.
- Track and measure communication program success and engagement over time and make necessary adjustments.
- Recommend and monitor implementation of best communications practices.
- Reimagine or discontinue specific communications, communication vehicles, and practices that do not comport with best practices.
- Ensure quality control of all information released.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR program. Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company memoranda and general team correspondence; also responsible for their production and assembly. Professional, articulate and timely client communication. Development of consistent, creative, successful pitches.
- Strong Financial services or Fintech PR background with some knowledge of corporate PR and crisis management
- Experience of running a reactive and proactive press office and handling incoming press enquiries
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- A wide network of national consumer and business as well as regional contacts across a broad spectrum of media
- A bachelor’s degree with a communications or related major or equivalent experience
- Approximately 10 years of communications experience
- Experience in delivering impactful PR campaigns from inception through to delivery with a strong cuttings folder to prove it!
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, interfacing at all levels
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team player who works well under pressure
- Thrives in an environment of flexibility and change
Posted on 22 Aug 09:50