|Get jobs on your |
PR Account Manager
|Remuneration:||R25000 - R45000 per month Negotiable depending on experience|
|Benefits:||Yearly performance bonus, Cell and Petrol Allowance|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Design Quarter District|
|Company:||Black Snow Group|
Job descriptionBlack Snow PR is looking for a tech-savvy, experienced and dynamic PR Account Manager to manage our PR agency based in Johannesburg.
You must have a minimum of five+ plus years of experience in a PR agency environment dealing with media and events for big brands and have a good understanding of the digital, media and communications environment.
The successful candidate will work on both business to business and consumer brands.
The role has many functions, however, this is the main purpose of the role:
- To manage the PR and Events department
- To manage large local and multinational accounts
- To build strong client relationships and be considered a potential company leader
- To meet performance requirements and growth projections
- To act in accordance with company policies and procedures at all times and be familiar with and support achievement of, the company's vision and exemplify the company's values
Manage the client interaction, by delivering an efficient and effective service to clients, which is profitable to the agency. To meet key performance goals in respect of client satisfaction, business development, profitability and staff performance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manage PR retainers and projects, from brief to final implementation of activity including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, media relations strategies and strategic plans, budgets and timelines.
You will have the ability to write various types of content, including presentations, through the line copy, digital content, e-mail and other campaign copy, editorial-style articles and newsletter copy, blogs, personal profiles, video and radio scripts.
- Develop and oversee targeted public relations strategies and execution of tactical plans for clients and our business
- Ensure smooth communication and coordination across all media campaigns and channels including digital
- Assist with creating and executing social media and digital tactical campaigns
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages (e.g. events/press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.
- Oversee briefings and opportunity management with media and clients
- Oversee and assist with team’s identification, pitching and follow-up with editorial opportunities and new media opportunities
- Stay informed of industry trends and media moves
- Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and problems
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media members
- Conduct regular client reporting – weekly, monthly and quarterly, keeping abreast of each client’s industry; competition and coverage
- Identify and promote our business (Black Snow Group) through creating and delivering newsworthy pieces, press releases and storytelling across (digital, media, social media, speaking, workshops, events)
You will be responsible for event management from beginning to end, budgeting, planning and evaluate proposals in line with the strategy of the event. The successful candidate should be energetic and self-driven, with an exceptional track record and proven experience.
- Onsite events management including comprehensive travel and event representation
- Central co-ordination of agendas, guest lists and other documents required to start the invitation process
- Accountable for invitation wording, designs, branding, gifts
- Evaluate proposals on venue options and cost-saving initiatives
- Coordinate delivery and collection of various marketing and event material
- Stakeholder management
- Provide training to make offices more effective at overall events management
- Excellent skills/proficiency in basic computer programs such as Microsoft office in particular Excel advanced skills
- General office admin including PA skills would be a bonus
- Must be able to multitask and work on various projects at the same time – therefor time management is critical
- Imperative to have production skills & previous experience particularly with regards to the wedding industry, but not negating the Corporate industry
Demonstrate an ongoing ability to work collaboratively with our company's management and other agency teams on RFPs, tenders, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Identifying new business opportunities and qualify appropriate prospects
- Prepare and present winning pitches and presentations
- Win new clients so as to meet new business, income, margin and client volume targets
- Manage multiple new business prospect engagements for yourself and key agency executives
- Attend industry networking events and conferences
- Initiate and manage effective relationships with selected, developed leads on an ongoing basis
- Develop and manage prospect database on an ongoing basis
- Tracking and reporting of the new business development pipeline
- Attend to all incoming leads, this includes all email, telephone, face to face requests. This may be for new business or existing clients
Company DescriptionBlack Snow Group provides businesses with digitally-led branding and marketing services through our vast network of business solutions. We believe in creating authentic brands crafted with novel originality, delivered simply.
- South African citizen
- Reliable transport (own reliable vehicle essential)
- Must have a PR qualification
- Minimum of four to five years of experience in an agency environment
- Proven track record of media contacts/relations
- Excellent writing (wordsmith) skills essential, command of English language, spelling and grammar in written communication
- Proven experience of presenting to clients and or delivering new business presentations/pitches
- Candidate must be prepared to work overtime & over weekends/public holidays
- Candidate must be able to handle stress well and work under pressure – working well towards tight deadlines due to the nature of the business
- Candidate must be able to work in a small business environment where at times it may be necessary to do tasks beyond the job description
- Travelling for events depending on location might be required from time to time
Posted on 19 Aug 10:49
NB - (No recruiters please)