- 3 steps towards 'glass boxing' your company with a Biz Press Office
- Potential jail time on the cards for CV fraudsters
- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
|Get jobs on your |
Senior Integrated Strategist
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a stunning opportunity for a Senior Integrated Strategist at one of Johannesburg’s hottest ATL ad agencies. We are looking for a multifaceted strategist that understands how to position a brand and its divisions for a South African market and how to communicate this positioning using the full communication spectrum – ATL, Digital, BTL, etc. You will be responsible for leading and delivering integrated strategic communication planning across a multiple disciplines, markets and business units, and working with multiple agency partners. A core responsibility is to go beyond the brief and to deeply understand the clients’ needs from a business level and to develop robust multifaceted strategies to deliver on to solve and assist the business. The ideal candidate has a superb work ethic, someone who is super professional and dedicated to excellence. A person with the stature and presence that places the client at ease in their ability and intellectual authority. You should be able to defend your ideas and position but be astute enough to know when and where to fight the fight. You must be able to listen, take on board feedback and adapt. You must be able to hold your own amongst the most senior of business partners and clients. A keen insight into the various markets that a large corporate may serve is essential, as well as a keen understanding of each business units strategy and contribution to the business as a whole. We’re looking for a highly competent strategic story-teller who understands how best to leverage the marketing mix against a given set of objectives and target markets. Come on and show us that you’re that person!
- Inspire our creative people to do the best work in the world.
- Create strategies that serve as a benchmark and be accountable for the strategic outputs for clients with work that is grounded in insight and purpose.
- Write clear and concise briefs for our creative teams that inspire and motivate them.
- To constantly monitor campaigns to ensure adherence to the strategic direction.
- Due diligence towards staying on top of global innovation and trends and to share this with the team.
- Workshops and presentations with various clients.
- Support creative in selling ideas and account management in building strong and enduring client relationships.
- Support client in building their marketing strategies and brand plans.
- Fulfil the role of lead strategist not only within the agency but in respect of inter-agency dynamics – integrating well and comfortably within 3rd party agencies.
- Engage clients on all levels – from brand manager to CEO.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum five years’ experience
- Must have experience in either a Blue Chip Agency brand or a large national or global Agency brand
- Able to write a thorough and engaging strategic story
- Strong presentation creation and delivery skills
- Strong strategic mind but with a passion for creativity
- The ability to write and deliver inspiring and insightful briefs
- Comprehensive in all areas of the strategic process (research, insight generation, storytelling, management, strategic direction).
- Five+ years’ experience within a strategic role
- Presentation and storytelling skills (ability to convey complex models in ways that clients can understand and get excited about)
- Brief creation and ability to brief creative teams.
- Able to negotiate the creative process, from brief to review to execution.
- Willingness to learn and stay up-to-date with trends.
- Able to question the brief.
- Team player.
- Able to mentor more junior colleagues.
- Strong presence
- Maximiser, able to transform something strong into something excellent.
- Activator and achiever.
- Developer able to recognise and cultivate the potential in others.
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, digital, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 11 Jul 10:26
+27 21 422 1037
- Inbound Marketing Strategist, Johannesburg, Bramley, Penquin
- Mid-Weight Digital Strategist, Johannesburg, Viv Gordon Placements
- Strategist, Johannesburg, Houghton, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Senior Strategist, Johannesburg, Houghton and Rosebank, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Digital Strategist, Johannesburg, Sandton, VML South Africa Recruiter
- Online Travel Researcher, Johannesburg, Illovo Boulevard, Sandton
- FFM Strategy Manager, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- Social Media Specialist, Pretoria, East, Festival of Motoring
- Creative Content Producer, Johannesburg, Global Access
- Field Force Strategy Manager/Telecomms, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Alex@BestTalent