|Get jobs on your |
Digital Account Manager
|Location:||Johannesburg, Hyde Park|
Job descriptionBackground to Carat
The Carat network is made up of more than 6,500 people in 100 countries worldwide. Its global vision is to redefine media and the way it delivers value to the businesses of our clients. Carat is the global market leader in digital and diversified media solutions. Today, advances in digital technology and changing consumer behavior have created an era of unprecedented complexity and opportunity for clients. In this new era, Carat is redefining the role of the media agency. Our people understand how media can create business value for clients better than anyone else. Carat is part of Dentsu Aegis Network, which is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. Through its six global network brands - Carat, iProspect, Isobar, Posterscope, Vizeum and the Dentsu agency brand – and supported by its growing multi-market brands including Amnet, Amplifi, Data2Decisions, Dentsu media, mcgarrybowen, Mitchell Communications (PR), psLive and 360i - Dentsu Aegis Network aims to be the global network of choice for clients seeking best-in-class expertise and capabilities in brand, media and digital communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 110 countries worldwide with over 22,000 dedicated specialists.
This position forms part of a larger account team which offers a fully integrated media solution for this blue-chip client. Reporting directly to the Media & Digital Marketing Manager for all the client’s digital requirements and deliverable's. Periodic travel may be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Team management. Be a team player who drives knowledge sharing
- Involved in coaching, developing and focusing on career growth paths for team members.
- Keep up to date with innovative new products and digital ad units available on both publisher and social.
- Ability to interpret client’s business objectives and marketing briefs and set KPIs accordingly
- Accountable for all client communications and managing expectations on all brands within the portfolio
- Key contact for brand managers and digital manager - manages all day to day communications
- Monitor clients advertising calendar to ensure briefs are received
- Conceptualization and development of the media recommendations with rationale based on critical business KPIs.
- Develop strategy alongside above the line team to ensure seamless integration.
- Provide specialist technical advice on subject areas (online video, social, mobile, etc)
- Confident and capable reverting on and presenting to client.
- Manage influencer campaigns as the liaison between client and influencer agency
- Digital Landscape updates and industry research
- Create digital schedules for internal/ external purposes
- Create and manage digital schedules and updates to ensure billings are aligned
- Work very closely with the digital creative agencies to ensure plans are aligned
- Collaborate with publishers and other partner agencies etc. for best performance of the account/s.
- Oversee and co-ordinate implementation across specialist technical teams
- Ad copy/text suggestions
- Social elements (posts, videos, etc)
- Third party creative developments (rich media, video extensions, content production, influencer campaign integration)
- Allocate and distribute budgets per channels based on KPIs and business needs.
- Closely monitor trends, seasonality and demands for audiences in relation to cearch and social channels – making changes where necessary to ensure efficiencies.
- Managing all campaign budgets on a weekly basis, providing feedback to client in terms of forecasted and actual spends.
- Financial management: Accountability for account financials and budgetary control
- Compiling post campaign analysis from various specialist teams and external media sources.
- Recognising insights – highlighting to client and implementing month-on-month
- Media 101, aligning business KPIs with digital metrics – and why this is important.
- Understanding online audio-visual planning in relation to Offline.
- Driving education to increase digital investment
- General understanding of measurement and verification tools – Neilson DAR, IAS, MOAT
- Responsibility that tools will be rolled out across internal agencies as well as client
Preference will be given to EE candidates Background to the Company
- Manage client/agency/internal relationships
- Oversee channel strategy
- Client briefings, status
- Manage workflow in team and team morale
- Oversight of all reports
- Compliance with client process
- Develop and action digital strategy in conjunction with digital planner
- Recommendation on key digital channels
- Overall digital budget management
- Development of suitable KPIs, Manage viewability tracker
- Align on campaign objectives before strategy and implementation
- Brief specialist planning and buying team and man seamless campaign
- Ensure ATL planner has the latest up to date flow plan and KPI
- Monthly campaign reports with insights sent to client/BUH/ Strat
- Overall campaign PCA performance
- Manage timelines and delivery
- Negotiate compensation.
- Negotiate best deals – push further tactical discounts (OPTIMAL SAVINGS) and feedback for reporting to planner
Posted on 06 Jun 12:26