|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionVoiceMap is a mobile app, publishing platform and marketplace for location-aware audio tours. Over the last five years, our small team has worked on hundreds of walks, cycles, drives and boat trips in more than 50 countries. We plan to offer thousands more, eventually, and in the process, we expect to establish location-aware audio as a storytelling medium in its own right, with its own set of conventions. We'd also like to continue helping people see the world around them from new, surprising, and sometimes challenging perspectives.
To help us do that, we're looking for a dynamic writer and editor.
The role combines:
- Original script writing when we develop immersive audio tours for our clients.
- Digital copywriting when we offer new products to both our partners and our users.
- Script editing when we receive submissions via our open publishing tool. While this does include polishing up clumsy sentences, you'll also need to make sense of faraway maps and develop a trusting relationship with our community of journalists, tour guides, bloggers, podcasters, and passionate locals.
- Learning how to use new tools and technology quickly, especially when this might help to improve efficiency or the experience we deliver for partners and users.
- Testing our apps and providing feedback in clear, reproducible steps.
- Identifying potential contributors, then emailing them information about VoiceMap and answering questions they might have about the platform, possibly over Skype or something similar. This is a small but important part of how you'll spend your time.
- Helping our Head of Production to shepherd large projects, in multiple languages, through the process of translation and recording with contractors both local and foreign.
There is only one requirement:
- You need to be able to write non-fiction well by finding the drama implicit in every set of facts. This is what we'll look at first. Everything else is a plus.
- An excellent sense of direction. (There's a test.)
- A second language. (Or third, etc.)
- Experience living overseas.
- Experience editing audio.
Posted on 26 Mar 15:41
- Jnr Copywriter, Cape Town, Woodstock, Ogilvy Cape Town
- Digital Copywriter, Cape Town CBD, Ninety9cents
- Digital Copywriter | Performance Marketing, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Deputy Creative Director - Copywriter, Cape Town, Ninety9cents
- Senior Ad Agency Copywriter, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Mid-Weight Ad Agency Copywriter, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Mid Copywriter, Cape Town, Ninety9cents
- Through-the-Line Copywriter, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Copywriter, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Copywriter, Cape Town
- SEO Copywriter, Cape Town, Ninety9cents
- Junior Copywriter, Cape Town, Ninety9cents
- Mid-Senior Copywriter, Cape Town, Century City, Milnerton
- Mid - Snr Copywriter, Cape Town, Woodstock, Ogilvy Cape Town
- Creative Copywriter (mid), Cape Town, Bellville
- Copywriting Interns, Paarl
- Art Director/Senior Designer, Cape Town, Gardens, CBD
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731