- 4 worst career tips you'll ever get
- How business misrepresentation for minimum wage exemption can lead to jail time
- How new code can bring order to strikes
|Get jobs on your |
Senior Art Director
|Reference:||#Senior Art Director|
Data - the new currency of Dentsu Aegis Network
“However fast change is today, it is the slowest it will ever be as scalability, new models and critical mass impact everything. There are two conclusions driving our strategy as a business – The future belongs to the fast and data is the new currency of business.” - Jerry Buhlmann, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network
The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry, with data being the new currency for our business.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitisation of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalization, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better ROI for the advertiser. We are investing in the very best talent to make sense of this data.
Dentsu Aegis Network
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020,
introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for Dentsu Aegis Network to continue to invest in. We are developing a truly data driven culture.
At Dentsu Aegis Network we understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values – and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. In order to enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment. We would like to invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
Background to DAN
The DAN network is made up of more than 6,500 people in 100 countries worldwide. Its global vision is to redefine media and the way it delivers value to the businesses of our clients. DAN is the global market leader in digital and diversified media solutions. Today, advances in digital technology and changing consumer behaviour have created an era of unprecedented complexity and opportunity for clients. In this new era, DAN is redefining the role of the media agency. Our people understand how media can create business value for clients better than anyone else.
DAN is part of Dentsu Aegis Network, which is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. Through its six global network brands - DAN, iProspect, Isobar, Posterscope, Vizeum and the Dentsu agency brand – and supported by its growing multi-market brands including Amnet, Amplifi, Data2Decisions, Dentsu media, mcgarrybowen, Mitchell Communications (PR), psLive and 360i - Dentsu Aegis Network aims to be the global network of choice for clients seeking best-in-class expertise and capabilities in brand, media and digital communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 110 countries worldwide with over 22,000 dedicated specialists.
Management of client portfolio, delivering on agency contracts KPI’s and maintenance of staff in the unit. Maximising agency revenue and business development. Member of the senior management team - contribute to the effective management of DAN SA.
John Brown Company description:
Leading international content agency John Brown Media is looking for a senior art director to oversee the creative direction for multiple award-winning Fresh Living magazine and various print and digital assets for our client Pick n Pay. John Brown Media South Africa is part of the global John Brown Media Group and our local clients include Pick n Pay, BMW/Mini, Old Mutual, Discovery, Spur and Life Healthcare, as well as Waitrose, John Lewis, Orange, RBS Bank and Loblaws, among others, globally. The position of senior art director will report directly to the content director and group editor for Pick n Pay. The position is based in Cape Town.
- Developing a creative vision across PnP account platforms – print and digital
- Ensuring creative vision is consistent, has longevity and is maintained across account platforms
- Developing and growing important creative relationships with freelance photographers and stylist
- Undertake design and layout functions of editorial and non-editorial material
- Ensuring all visual elements are on brand and to standard, from brief to signoff
- Maintain the identity of the relevant publications with regard to the look and feel as well as meeting client needs
- Conceptualize and art direct food and portraiture shoots
- Motivate the art team and manage performance
- Assist with new business pitches
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence in decision making and team leading
- Exceptional creative skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, planning and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
The DAN Values
The candidate will need to demonstrate the Dentsu Aegis values of:
- Acting with freedom
- Deciding with speed
- Keeping it simple
- Being constantly curious
- Taking risks to succeed
- Passionate about thought leadership
- Going the extra mile
- Not afraid to make decisions
- Rapid and ruthless focus
- Taking ownership of work/decisions
- Being good citizens
- Being transparent
- Collaborating across the network
- Sharing success models
- Attraction, development and mobilization of the best talent
Applications close: 31 January 2018
Send applications to [Lungelo.Fakude@dentsuaegis.com]].
Preference will be given to EE candidates.
- Approximately five+ years’ experience in the publishing and design
- Experience in leading and motivating a team
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Competent in Adobe illustrator
Posted on 24 Jan 11:59
- Senior Digital Art Director, Stellenbosch, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Mid-Weight TTL Retail Art Director, Stellenbosch, Viv Gordon Placements
- Mid Art Director - Conceptual, Cape Town, Woodstock, Ogilvy Cape Town
- Writing Intern, Cape Town, De Waterkant
- South African Storyteller, Cape Town, City Centre
- Corporate PA, Cape Town, Massive Recruitment
- Graphic Designer/Digital Marketer, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731