|Get jobs on your |
|Reference:||#DS - JHB|
Job descriptionWe are seeking an experienced digital strategist to drive innovative and highly effective digital marketing strategies for our clients, as well as act as a thought leader for the agency within the digital community in South Africa. Excellent client management, strategic thinking and executive communication skills are required for this role.
As the digital strategist ensures highly innovative strategic thinking is applied to clients’ digital plans and helps lead the whole agency create a truly ground breaking digital strategies. This is a leadership role and she/he collaborates and partners with agency professionals, clients and our partners. You will be required to leverage your deep understanding of how to execute digital campaigns (web, mobile, social, CRM, SEO) working with our creative, technical, and client service teams.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working with the rest of the client team, help define scope and recommended approach for major digital projects for clients.
- Play an advisory role on client engagements, serving as a digital strategy advisor to both account leads (internal) and clients (external).
- Serve as thought leader in aligning digital marketing strategy with a client’s business goals and objectives.
- Drive high-level discussions on the role of digital within the total marketing ecosystem.
- Working with the leaders of the client team, help convince clients of the value of digital marketing services to their business - help them define needs and potential solutions.
- Effective use of research tools to define target audiences and optimize marketing and media plans.
- Demonstrated expertise in online advertising, co-marketing/partnership programs and integrated campaigns.
- Researching, identifying and compiling competitive insights to guide and optimise digital marketing efforts.
- Creative ability and passionate interest in creating powerful digital marketing plans that meet client objectives.
- Strong, effective business professional communication and client presentation skills; preferred previous experience in presenting to clients from an agency perspective.
- Solid understanding of traditional marketing principles and how they apply to the digital medium.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and success factors.
- Perform detailed evaluation of client business environment including customer needs, capabilities/assets, and competitive realities to identify unique market opportunities and threats
- Lead the design of insight-driven digital strategies from opportunity identification through to experience definition. Structure and present recommendations to senior client leadership for approval
- Partner with creative, technology, analytics, and account management to ensure successful project handoff and work is appropriately positioned for long-term success
- Contribute to or lead new business development, recruiting, team skill development, and digital "evangelisation" initiatives
- Thought leadership to our staff, clients, and the wider digital and marketing community. Key aspects of this role will be client workshops, knowledge shares with staff, public speaking at industry events, blogging, etc.
- Regional travel of 25% expected.
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
- Strong passion for and knowledge of technology, emerging media and the Internet; specific interactive strategy experience required.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and deck writing skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
Company DescriptionDigitas Liquorice is one of South Africa’s leading full-service digital agencies, delivering best-in-class strategy, creative, and technology. We work with some of the country’s leading brands. We are experts in the full range of digital disciplines including web, mobile, social, CRM and SEO/SEM. The agency is young, dynamic and growing rapidly and we are constantly looking for great digital professional who really wants to make a major impact on the digital landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- MBA and management consulting experience a plus.
- Six+ years’ experience in strategy consulting and/or marketing strategy across multiple industries (e.g., automotive, financial services, retailing and consumer goods) or in an agency environment.
- Minimum three years' professional experience developing digital marketing strategy, project managing digital programs and online advertising campaigns; prefer large brand experience. With demonstrated experience.
Posted on 11 Jan 09:05
Get job alerts for Strategist jobs
- Midweight Strategist, Fourways, North, Cardilogix
- Junior Digital Strategist, Fourways, Cardilogix
- Digital Strategist, Johannesburg, Fourways, Cardilogix
- Brand Strategist, Johannesburg, Fourways, Cardilogix
- Digital Content Strategist, East Rand, Cardilogix
- Senior Strategist, Johannesburg, Sandton, VML South Africa Recruiter
- Digital Media Strategist (mid-snr), Ranburg, Dunkeld West
- Sales/Marketing Digital Administrator, Johannesburg, Auckland Park
- Production Course Lecturer - Researcher, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Mid-Weight Paid Media Specialist, Johannesburg, Viv Gordon Placements
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731