|Remuneration:||basic salary |
|Benefits:||Group life/death & disability|
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and putting together the content of our conferences. They need to be commercially driven, thus able to identify conference topics that will attract paying delegates and sponsors.The role entails:
- Develop ICT-focused conference programmes that are current, relevant and appealing to our target market of top ICT executives and decision-makers.
- Conduct in-depth research to identify key industry issues, topics and themes.
- Analyse the research results and using critical thinking to develop commercially successful B2B programmes.
- Identify, invite and confirm conference speakers.
- Write all promotional copy for the event web portals and mailshots.
- Conduct ongoing research within the assigned areas to develop new conference ideas and keep abreast of the industry trends and developments.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry leaders, topic experts and senior executives.
- Work with and support the events team to ensure successful marketing and sponsorship of conferences.
- Attend conferences to ensure excellent delivery and smooth running on the day.
Excellent research and writing skills are key. The successful candidate needs to have a thirst for learning and research – but not just on Google! They need to be able to pick up the phone or to go to a face-to-face meeting and extract the crucial information the conference agenda needs.
- Post-matric degree/diploma
- Related business experience and an excellent track record in producing big commercial B2B conferences
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- Excellent phone and face-to-face interviewing skills
- Well-developed communication skills
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Business research/writing experience and/or journalism background a plus.
A vital resource for South African IT decision-makers, ITWeb delivers news and information through diverse content platforms, including digital, print and events. Since its launch in 1996, ITWeb has grown from a small online pioneer to a business technology-focused publishing house that dominates the sector. ITWeb operates a daily technology news portal, publishes two print titles and a series of annual publications, hosts conferences and forums, and owns related businesses within the information technology space. It is recognised as a trusted voice in South African IT publishing and is the first port of call for an audience that ranges from entry-level technology professionals to C-level decision-makers, and from tech enthusiasts to industry analysts. To its customers, advertisers and sponsors, ITWeb offers complementary platforms to reach all the major players in the information and communications technology industry, non-consumer buyers of such technologies and tens of thousands of business decision-makers.
Posted on 08 Aug 14:23, Closing date 7 Oct