Junior - Mid Account Manager/Executive
|Benefits:||Pension (conditional), Day off on your birthday, 18 days leave|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionWe’re looking for a junior to mid-account manager/account executive for our creative studio | Durban-based
We’re a small, international creative team working from the UK and South Africa. We’re looking to find the 8th team member of our crew, to be based in our studio in Westville, Durban (this is not
a remote position, our team like to be face-to-face!).
Halo Media is a corporate communications agency and we work in niche sectors, which include global banks, mines and investment companies. We work with well-known brands and have a reputation for a high quality of work and reliability.
We’re looking for a person who can become a key player at Halo. You’ll be working with what we think is the best team on the planet, and with clients whom we choose to work with because they align with our values of respect, integrity and value … and because we like themJob responsibilities include:
You’ll be working alongside a senior account manager and our design team. The job spec includes:
- Account management and client liaison
- Assist with studio traffic management
- New business development and client on-boarding
- Status reports and job briefs/amendments
- Quoting, billing and achievement of all campaigns within client budgets
- Tracking leads, sales – basic CRM
- Setting up appointments, running meetings and presentations
- Production coordination with our video team*
(*some of this may be unfamiliar territory, no worries, we can train you!)
What can we offer you?
- A chilled and fun office atmosphere. Whilst our sector is corporate, our studio isn’t. We don’t do politics – we do laughs – All. Day. Long.
- A smorgasbord of food talk. We’re all foodies. We talk about food for at least an hour a day (or we go out looking for food).
- A variety of projects. We’re seldom bored! We work with amazing brands and interesting clients with a wide variety of projects.
- 18 days of paid leave with an additional day off on your birthday.
- Early Fridays if we can take a break!
- You’ll be part of a team who cares for each other like family, and an agency with an exciting future. We are market leaders in our sectors, and with recent expansion into the UK, we look to become global market leaders. We have strong foundations and look for an individual who matches our company culture and can contribute meaningfully to our team, our clients, and the communities we operate in. As part of a small team, you won’t be a number … you’ll be someone who helps define and contribute to our shared futures, someone with a voice
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Own transport and valid driver’s license – we don’t often do in-person client visits, but you need to be able to travel to clients on occasion.
- Tertiary qualification, preferably at an industry-relevant recognised institution.
- Must have some experience working in advertising agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, telephone and document management skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Good command of both written and verbal English, including business writing ability.
- A team player. No lone rangers here.
- Content generation/proofreading:
We’re really into wordsmiths. And it helps if you love other languages as we sometimes work in isiZulu, French, Portuguese etc.
- Brand strategy:
If you love brand strategy then there is room for you to develop this skill.
- Very organised:
We’re talking OCD levels here. You need to be a processes and systems ninja
You will be working with high-level corporates, so you need to be thoughtful and considerate of what you do every day
- A self-starter:
You need to have a strong initiative and be highly motivated.
- Can spell:
Coz we likes to get things rite for our klients. If you love writing content, we’d be even more excited!
- Have a calm head:
We’re known for being reliable and not missing deadlines, so you need to be able to work under pressure and on time.
- Be passionate:
We’re wanting someone who values the freedom and culture of a small agency and is passionate about what we do.
- A team player:
Someone who appreciates the value of teamwork.
We’re a tight, happy team. We can’t handle grumpy or emo, so if you’re a moody person we’re not the right fit for you! We value kindness, compassion and community.
Could you be our next account manager?
Then please send through your CV, a bit about yourself and your salary expectations to
, with a subject inclusion: ACC0622. Our people and office culture are super important to us, so we’d love to know about you
, in addition to your skills.
We will not accept a standard BizCommunity CV as an application and it will be ignored. Please do not phone our office for this role.
Please do not apply if you don’t have the relevant qualifications and experience. If you do not hear back from us within 14 days of application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Halo Media is a small, international brand agency working with niche B2B sectors. We have a tight, skilled and caring team and are looking forward to meeting our new crew member!
Posted on 23 Jun 10:20, Closing date 22 Aug