|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville, Northern Suburbs|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionChristian Vision SA is looking for a full-time coordinator for its missions activities on the African continent. With a clear passion for evangelism and the ability to navigate multiple cultural contexts, the Missions Coordinator will implement our Impact-A-Nation strategy, which focuses on partnering with local churches and pioneers to impact nations for Christ. This is achieved through indigenous evangelism and discipleship by means of a range of on-the-ground and digital initiatives.About us
Christian Vision (CV) is a global Christian charity with evangelism at our heart. Founded in 1988 by Lord Robert Edmiston, CV’s strong desire is to serve and equip Christians, and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavors. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
The Missions Coordinator is responsible for strategically outworking CV’s Impact-A-Nation (IAN) projects in specific countries on the African continent by ensuring that local missions workers (pioneers) are evangelising people and discipling successors from target nations.Specific Responsibilities
- To manage on-the-ground field work for CV’s IAN projects, including routine travel into the field for audit and follow-up
- To identify opportunities and implement strategies for evangelism employing both on-the-ground and digital solutions
- To locate and create resources to train pioneers (local missionaries) in areas of evangelism, discipleship, church planting and church growth
- To manage, assess and report on fieldwork as key part of mission effectiveness
- To afford budget monitoring support as required by management of projects
- To ensure CV’s policies and procedures are practiced and followed in the field
- To promote the vision and mission of CV to external ministries, organisations, churches, and community groups as requested.
Fulfil other duties, as briefed and directed by your client at CV, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- To be available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- To pro-actively maintain a positive attitude.
- To adhere to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To attend all required general staff and team meetings.
- To undertake professional development as required.
- To adhere to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- To keep confidential the affairs of CV, CV employees, CV contractors and CV freelancers.
- To represent CV in a positive manner.
- To maintain appropriate licences, as required.
- To keep abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and covering letter to the Corporate Services Manager at email@example.com
- Knowledge of and experience with missions strategies in both online and offline contexts, particularly in the developing world
- Ability to build, lead and equip online and offline communities
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Experience working with internationally based organisations an advantage.
Posted on 02 Dec 14:00, Closing date 31 Jan