|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville, Northern Suburbs|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionChristian Vision SA is looking for a full-time Community Specialist to help us engage with ministry partners who utilise our evangelism tools, and to interact with individuals exploring faith questions online.About us
Christian Vision (CV) is a global Christian charity with evangelism at our heart. Founded in 1988 by Lord Robert Edmiston, CV’s strong desire is to serve and equip Christians, and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavors. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
Community Specialists at CV engage with both our ministry partners and the audiences we serve, building relationships with those who utilise our evangelism tools and interacting with communities impacted by these initiatives.Specific Responsibilities
- Assist in all CV global initiatives, on-boarding new church partners and providing feedback and updates through frequent communication via email, phone calls and meetings.
- In line with CV best practices, assist with replying to ‘explorers’ by responding in a timely fashion through social and internal communication platforms (platforms such as FrontApp, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc).
- Assist the Community Manager with the monitoring, collection and analysis of audience interaction.
- Provide regular feedback from audiences to content and marketing teams, including quantitative and qualitative evaluation of engagement and response.
- Manage contacts on CRM platforms ensuring data remains up to date and relevant.
- Identify strategic online and offline influencers and individuals, develop relationships, and seek synergies on behalf of CV.
- Attend church services/events/conferences as a CV Representative as requested by the Community Manager.
- Identify strategic networking opportunities to introduce and promote CV initiatives.
- Promote the vision and mission of CV to external ministries, organisations, churches, and community groups as requested by the Community Manager.
Fulfil other duties, as briefed and directed by your client at CV, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- To be available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- To pro-actively maintain a positive attitude.
- To adhere to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To attend all required general staff and team meetings.
- To undertake professional development as required.
- To adhere to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- To keep confidential the affairs of CV, CV employees, CV contractors and CV freelancers.
- To represent CV in a positive manner.
- To maintain appropriate licences, as required.
- To keep abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and covering letter to the Corporate Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc).
- Knowledge of Hubspot advantageous.
- Ability to interact meaningfully in both online and offline contexts.
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Confident public speaker.
- Experience working with internationally based organisations advantageous
Posted on 02 Dec 13:23, Closing date 31 Jan