Mid-Senior PR Account Manager
|Remuneration:||R30000 - R40000 per month negotiable market-related |
|Company:||DUO Marketing + Communications|
Job descriptionA little bit about DUO Marketing + Communications…
We are a full-service PR and digital marketing agency for B2B technology companies in Africa. We have just been awared best Tech PR agency in Africa. Are you wanting to join an award winning team?
We have an unstoppable desire to learn and grow, with an unrelenting focus on quality. We are driven and expect everyone to take responsibility for their actions.
We hire smart people who are driven by growth, humble and hungry to deliver tangible, return on investment (ROI) value for our clients.
Team - the tribe - is at the core of everything we do, and we take the time to learn from each other, support each other and celebrate our wins.
At DUO, we believe that if you work hard and are effective during office hours, there is no reason why you should be working after hours and/or over the weekend. If you want a balanced lifestyle, it’s yours to create at DUO.The job on offer:
We are currently looking for an experienced enterprise PR account manager with strong media relations in the tech industry and excellent client management experience to join our team.Report to:
CEOLocation: Cape Town or JohannesburgLevel of experience:
1 November or 1 December 2021Candidate requirements:
Principle job responsibilities:
- We are looking for smart, experienced Tech PR client managers to serve our clients with exceptional care and professionalism
- Technology must be in your blood. We love tech here and you will need to too as all our clients are tech companies
- You must be able to self-manage; we don't micromanage here but you need to deliver tangible results
- Quality of output must be at your core. Seriously… quality rules at DUO and so all A-types welcome
- If you join our team, you will be given total control over your career and your success; don’t expect anyone else to manage this for you. You will need to have lots of energy, be personally-driven, results-focused, resourceful, able to deal with issues directly and willing to accept full responsibility
- Team is at the core of everything we do, so you must be someone who will never abandon a teammate and who is comfortable letting others win/ shine
- You have to be in it for the long-haul. There will be bumps in the road and success depends on your ability to adapt, be flexible, change gear when needed and be reliable
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications and experience:
- Manage the development and implementation of PR and digital marketing plans for up to five Enterprise Tech clients simultaneously (with your team of course)
- Drive key media coverage for your clients
- Distribute technology orientated press announcements with the support of our professional content development specialists
- Coordinate and manage Digital marketing campaigns for optimum results with our digital team
- Quality assure delivery of the team and its outputs including proposals and pitches
- Monitor expenditures against budgets to ensure targets are met
- Monthly reporting
- Administration of accounts (records, billing, etc.)
Benefits (all only after probation)
- Matric - essential
- Relevant tertiary qualification. Degree preferable - essential
- Four+ years' relevant Tech working experience - essential
- Solid understanding of local tech landscape - essential
- Existing tech and business media relations - critical
- Press and digital writing experience - advantageous
- Experience using Google docs - advantageous
Personal development responsibilities (continual)
- Prioritising work-life balance. No weekend work or after hours work encouraged
- Payment of market-related salaries and annual increases
- Annual performance bonuses driven by the achievement of Key Performance Indicators – given that the company makes its targets too. We have a 12-year track record of paying annual bonuses for staff that meet KPI’s
- Annual performance and career discussions
- Personal career development plans. Focus on individual career development
- Training – monthly at various levels including leadership training for those selected
- Knowledge sharing sessions monthly presented by internal or external resources
- Access to industry and PR related events (budget allocated per individual)
- Bonus leave over the Christmas and New Year period bringing total leave to 20 days per annum
- Bonus leave on birthdays
- Ad hoc and ex gratia reward and recognition thank you like flowers and/or vouchers and duvet days
- Flexible work hours policy. T&Cs apply. This is a remote working position
- Tribe incentive policy which is customised to each individual’s motivators and reward requirements
- An incredible client base who truly value our service offering. We don’t tolerate abusive client (or staff) relationships and you are protected from this at DUO at all times
- Respect and integrity are critical to our eco-system.
How to apply
- Proactively remain abreast of ICT trends and industry knowledge
- Self-study search in order to develop both technical and soft skills
- Actively knowledge-share with colleagues
Please do not send your CV to us!
We want you to answer the following questions, recorded on video and submitted to us via email.
Please submit your recorded applications through email to az.oc.gnitekramoud@nimda
and not through Bizcommunity's auto apply function. (these go directly to the bin!)Please submit a video recording of the following questions and send them through to us via email?
- What B2B Tech specific PR and Digital Marketing experience do you have. Please mention clients and the role you played on the account
- Why DUO and not any other PR and digital marketing agency for your next career move?
- Which Tech /Business journalists would be willing to give us a reference on your work?
- What do you see yourself achieving at the agency in the next 5 years
- What could we count on your to bring in terms of value?
- What are your digital trump cards?
- What appeals to you most about working at DUO
- What words describe our agency to you?
- How do you know you will match and enhance our culture and values?
- What does excellence look like to you on a daily basis?
- Please share how you help your current employer or clients accomplish their goals
- When is an ideal start date for you and why?
- What are your salary expectations?
- In addition, please send us two written references and your most recent payslip to qualify for this application
Applications which do not include all requirements will be disqualified.
Posted on 21 Sep 14:11, Closing date 20 Nov