Junior Accounts Clerk
|Remuneration:||negotiable to be discussed |
|Location:||Cape Town, Claremont|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position, Disabled position|
Job descriptionJunior accounts clerk position at Brand Innovation
As an accounts clerk, you will be responsible for the bookkeeping and accounting procedures of the business, assist our accounts department with handling of accounting documents and records, perform basic office tasks and communicate accurate accounting information to colleagues, suppliers and clients when necessary.Responsibilities
- Checking accuracy of sales order against invoices: checking that the right item has been ordered at the right price. This is extremely important
- Capture supplier invoices.
- Assisting the bookkeeper with reconciling accounts in a timely manner.
- Assist bookkeeper in providing accounting and clerical support to the marketing and sales department.
- Work with the bookkeeper to provide assistance and support to company personnel regarding accounting queries.
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client and internal accounts requests.
- Processing and filing forms timeously, invoices filed weekly and vendor forms filed daily.
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Assist the bookkeeper in compiling reports/summaries on activity areas.
- Perform basic office tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail, filing, housekeeping of office area.
- Basic knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures. (We use the SAGE ONE accounting programme.)
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers.
- Ability to perform filing and record-keeping tasks.
- Computer literacy and strong typing skills, experience with accounting software is required.
We are looking for a well organised individual with a positive attitude, a great work ethic, is a team player and has a desire to learn more about business in general. Candidates must be in possession of a diploma in bookkeeping or accounting or presently studying bookkeeping or accounting. Candidates must be able to get to work in Claremont and fulfil the working hours of 8 -5 Monday to Friday, no weekend work.
Please send your two page CV, with matric certificate to Kathleen Wall: az.oc.noitavonnidnarb@tlusnoc
South Africa's Premier Corporate Gifting and Branded Workwear Company.
Posted on 17 Sep 11:50, Closing date 16 Nov