Senior Account Manager
|Benefits:||Company contribution towards Medical Aid and Pension Fund|
Eclipse Communications - an award-winning, national Communications Agency - is looking for a Senior Account Manager with 5+ years of experience, servicing clients in the lifestyle/consumer PR and Communications space.
Responsible for the overall development of strategies (with the support of the AD), rollout plans, and reports.
- Planning: prepare and deliver detailed integrated plans spanning PR and influencer marketing, experiential events/brand activations, sponsorships and brand partnerships.
- Client service/liaison: to act as the main point of contact for clients; present strategies; identify news angles; implement activity and provide regular reports to clients / internal stakeholders.
- Management: managing a small team of junior team members (AEs and AMs) assigned to your projects/team. Oversee the execution and delivery of quality work, according to deadlines.
- Content creation and media campaigns: identify and create compelling media campaigns. Draft and pitch in press releases and features, along with sourcing or commissioning media assets.
- Influencer marketing and relations: identify, liaise, onboard and manage (e.g. setting up the necessary contracts) organic and paid influencers - ensuring they deliver engaging, on-brand content for our clients, which also supports wider integrated brand activity.
- Reporting: ensuring all reports are comprehensive, contextual and to the quality standard of the agency.
- Tertiary qualification in PR/Communications
- Minimum of five years working experience in a PR/Communications role, of which at least the last two years have been at a PR account management level. Experience in an accredited agency is advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills (dealing with internal stakeholders, clients, media and influencers) and the ability to build strong, long-term relationships
- Strong writing abilities are advantageous
- A well established network of media contacts across print, digital and broadcast channels is advantageous
- Understanding of the influencer and social media landscape
- Ability to operate as part of a team, as well as independently
- Proven experience of working with local and international lifestyle/ consumer brands, with a strong background working particularly with food, beverage and hospitality brands
- Responsible for executing all plans in line with the project timelines, agreed scope of work and KPIs
- A solid understanding of content creation is a must. Strong writing capabilities are beneficial
- Understands integration and ability to work collaboratively with other internal business units (design and digital/social) to produce integrated campaign concepts
- Strong understanding of the influencer landscape (strong relationships with micro and macro influencers beneficial)
- Excellent media relations and contacts in order to develop and guide media relations strategies as well as pitch in content. The candidate will not always have junior support, so will at times be expected to pitch in stories/interviews to media (especially the top tier ones), as well as managing influencer relationships
- Staying abreast of current news and industry trends
- Strong people management skills
- Stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Anticipates and develops solutions to client needs and problems
- Good written, verbal and listening skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Commitment to a strong work ethic
- Efficient time management skills
- Accountable and responsible
- Disciplined and self-motivated
- Good team player
Posted on 12 May 15:58