Digital Project Manager
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, RA, Gap cover|
|Company:||Ogilvy Cape Town|
- Digital project managers lead and coordinate the delivery of digital projects. They facilitate the definition, idea generation and delivery of projects that link to marketing strategies and integrate digital approaches and creative design.
- Digital project managers produce work plans and coordinate the efforts of the agency teams, including creative, content, technical as well as digital and performance media.
- The digital project manager will be involved in all stages of the project – effectively planning for both the conceptual and the production phases – as each adheres to tasks, milestones, deliverables and deadlines.
- The project manager coordinates efforts between client service, traffic, creative and technical across three specific areas:
- Production management
- Maintenance and reporting
- Validate the production brief through a comprehensive understanding of the project requirements, objectives and deadlines.
- Develop a detailed scope of work and project architecture based on the user journey, deliverables, milestones and dependencies.
- Production plans must be comprehensive, detailing activities per resource, deliverable and milestones\required – from kick-off, through all reviews, to QA, go live, project reviews and case studies.
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks by understanding the resource requirements and deliverables.
- Understand the implications of changes to the scope in terms of costs, resourcing and deadlines.
- Where necessary draw up a cost estimate based on the project scope and resource requirements.
- Liaise with traffic to check resource availability and book accordingly.
- Distribute the project plan – advising traffic, client service and creative of the milestones and reviews.
- Ensure traffic books the necessary meetings and reviews as per the plan
- These activities should culminate in a kick-off meeting (lead by the project manager and client service) where the team is briefed on the project and given the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the project plan and ask questions.
- Everyone should leave the meeting knowing exactly what is expected of them.
- Maintain communication with client service, traffic and resources throughout the project life cycle. Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to the team.
- Work with client service to ensure clients achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverables, dependencies, risks and progress throughout the production phase.
- Raise red flags and proactively propose production solutions when problems do arise.
- Work with client service and resources to secure necessary sign off of deliverables at scheduled client reviews and internal project reviews with the team.
- Create customised reporting for the team and for the client if needed.
- Manage scope creep to ensure that projects are delivered on time, according to scope, budget and strategy expectations.
- Evaluate all key project deliverable through to the final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client approval.
- Obtain formal sign off on all project deliverables; this includes coordinating feedback and involvement from the account management team, creative department and the client.
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised plan, scope and budget if necessary in a timely manner.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed (image rights, photo releases, model releases etc.).
- Understand project budgets and the basic revenue model.
- Understand the pricing model and billing processes.
- Track and report team hours on a weekly basis.
- Manage all project budgets.
- Source various materials or services needed during the project and manage these vendors and suppliers for the successful completion of the project.
- Understand project budgets and the basic revenue model in order to manage third party costs.
- Define the SOW and deliverables for suppliers.
- Develop detailed briefs and obtain quotes.
- Manage deliverables, deadlines and costs.
- Manage supplier expectations and payments.
Experience, skills and qualities required
- Strong financial and digital advertising experience
- Strong leadership and management skill
- Strong organisational skills
- Financial and budget control skills
- Be self-reliant
- Take total ownership of projects from start to end
- Have orchestration skills to work with various parties for the successful delivery of projects
- Self-motivated and high energy levels
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to delegate and manage a team. Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Ability to maintain professionalism and management control under pressure
- Strong problem solver
- Adaptability. Adapts to changes in process and environment. Manages competing demands
- Changes approach and methods to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- An excellent communicator who is able to succinctly convey issues/needs/status of the project at any time to all parties involved
- Proficient in project management software applications
Posted on 05 Oct 12:47
Apply by emailVuyani Ngabaza
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Account Manager, Store Manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Social Media Manager, Sales Manager, Financial Manager, General Manager, Operations Manager
Get job alerts for Project Manager jobs
Cape Town, Muizenberg
The Pure Solutions Group (Pure Solutions, Pure Survey, Pure Survey International) is looking for an experienced IT software project manager (agency-side) to manage key...
Cape Town, Woodstock
Are you the effective project leader and client partner that can own key projects and accounts, while working closely with our team of UX and UI designers to...
Cape Town R17000 - R20000 Monthly
A growing Cape Town-based advertising agency that has acquired a number of exciting new accounts is looking for a mid-level account/project manager to join the team.
Position summary Now Boarding is looking for a digital project manager to join our fun-loving, dynamic and innovative team.