Executive Director - Drowning Prevention
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting job opportunity for a purpose driven academic to fill the role of Executive Director: Drowning Prevention at a Cape Town based NPO. We’re looking for a candidate who has worked closely with Education who will essentially take ownership of drowning prevention in the country. Ideally, you have drowning prevention experience, but the organisation may consider someone who has worked within the Medical/Health Services fields. The successful candidate understands the theory of drowning prevention and is fully aware of international thinking/trends/practices in this regard. We’re looking for someone who is strategic, forward thinking, and able to lobby for funding at a government level. The role encompasses extensive stakeholder engagement. Staff management is also key as you will manage a team. If this important role meets your skill sets and passions, we’ve love to hear from you.
- The Strategic and Executive Leadership of Drowning Prevention within the NPO
- Efficient and effective Drowning Prevention: one of the core mandates of the organisation
- Strategic positioning and management of Drowning Prevention
- Fulfilling the generic components of management in respect of Drowning Prevention, which includes: Planning, Organising, Budgeting, Controlling/facilitating, Monitoring/Information Management and Communicating/Motivating.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Master’s Degree Health Sciences/a related field
- Research Experience with peer reviewed publications as principle or co-author
- Evidence of Capacity for Drowning or Health Prevention Management with a strong people focus.
- Portfolio of experience
- An academic background
- Worked closely with or in the field of Education
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in a management capacity, in a related field with contactable executive references
- Cause or purpose driven
- Drowning prevention experience – ideal
- Understand the theory of drowning prevention and be fully aware of international thinking/trends/practices
- Staff management experience - will manage a team
- Excellent communication in English
- Good judgement
- Change management experience
- Leadership abilities
- Management experience
- A strategic thinker
- Financial literacy
- Data Analysis and Reporting competencies.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 09 Sep 14:41
+27 21 422 1037
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Executive
- Introducing the new look of VGP Recruitment06 Feb 11:44
- It pays to look into C to C08 Dec 11:59
- The value of working with a recruitment agency26 Sep 13:44
- Getting your career mapped out30 Jul 16:22
- Viv Gordon Placements celebrate 21 years of expertise10 Jun 15:26
Get job alerts for Executive jobs
Due to continued growth, a vacancy has arisen for a PR account executive to join the corporate PR team in Cape Town.
Company description We are offering a remote working opportunity for a Virtual Executive Assistant in the Recruitment field.
Cape Town, V&A Waterfront, CBD
A group of companies based in the V&A Waterfront requires the services of a highly motivated Business Developer to elevate the current portfolio and to capitalise on...
Aveng Media is looking for experienced advertising sales executives to sell advertising space online and on our stable of magazines - African Safaris, Mother &...
Cape Town, Ronbebosch R3500 - R5000 Monthly
Join the elite Global Africa Network B2B sales team in Cape Town and sell into GAN's business-to-business annuals and established B2B quarterlies Opportunity...
Our client the award-winning online pan-African business publication, is looking to appoint a smart and ambitious online business development/sales executive on a...
Cape Town, Woodstock
How we made it in Africa (www.howwemadeitinafrica.com), the award-winning online pan-African business publication, is looking to appoint a smart and ambitious...
Able to work remotely.Regularly set up global and national ads on all Facebook platforms and Pinterest.Manage existing campaigns on all Facebook platforms.Manage...
Cape Town, Woodstock
We are an exciting fast paced company looking for an experienced chief commercial officer who loves a challenge to oversee our organization's ongoing operations and...
You are a professional extrovert who loves data and engaging with the client.
Cape Town R24000 - R32000 Monthly
Wonderful new role in with a sports company based in Cape Town where they are recruiting for a Social Media Specialist to join their growing marketing...