|Get jobs on your |
Creative Studio Leader
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Job descriptionAn exciting career opportunity exists for a Creative Studio Leader to oversee the planning and creative process for the Studio across all brands within the Cape Union Group.
This creative management role is required to drive TTL innovation and quality in all design outputs to consistently support each individual brands Point of View (POV) in line with creative best practices.
This role leads the Design & Photography Studio as well as content producers & creative copy writers to drive the effective conceptualisation, creation & delivery of compelling brand campaigns and content that enhance the customer journey.
The successful candidate should have high energy levels, passion and the ability to manage a team and many commitments in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Performance Areas
- Be the creative custodian for all the brands
- Playing the "ECD" role to manage all TTL creative projects and make sure they are innovative, impactful, delivered on time, to budget and in line with the brands POV.
- Lead & inspire the Creative Studio
- Drive cross-functional cohesion and teamwork to ensure consistency of creative across digital, ecommerce and in store collateral.
- Drive innovation, particularly in the digital space, to ensure impactful, relevant creative outputs.
- Encourage and drive skills development
- Drive exposure to design & photography trends and creative insights
- Be business centric
- Collaborate with other teams to push campaigns further
- Focus on the whole picture, not only design (strategise) to drive creative solutions/content that makes sense across digital, eCommerce & stores.
- Solve for business problems by improving processes (LEAN)
- Be customer centric
- Always have the customer in mind when working on creative projects and ensure all customer touchpoints adhere to digital, ecommerce and in store best practice.
- Conceptualise & create campaigns/designs that resonate with the particular target audience/customer across multiple channels.
- Conceptualise & design high-quality campaigns
- Ensure all design and conceptual work is well
- thought through and considers business objectives, brand POV & industry best practice across digital, ecommerce & in store. Execution of concepts/campaigns in line with concept and on budget.
- Concept creation needs to consider the execution & practicality of roll out across a multitude of channels including windows, social media, billboards etc.
- To focus on (LEAN) efficiencies
- To support studio & photography heads in creating seamless workflows by cutting waste (reverts, approvals etc) to allow for better management of Studio capacity and quality of outputs.
RequirementsQualifications and Experience
- Relevant Tertiary design/art direction qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in DTP advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as senior creative (e.g. designer), art director or creative director
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Art Direction on photo shoots
- Must have lead a team
- Drivers license
Knowledge, and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of layouts and graphic fundamentals
- Firm grasp of the creative development process from conceptualization to finished art and production
- Knowledge of Art direction principles and studio workflow processes
- Ability to supervise, hire, develop and manage a team creatives
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator
- Keen eye for detail and a strong awareness of consistency
- Excellent conceptual ability and decision-making skills
- Able to manage time effectively, work to tight deadlines and maintain a consistent output
- Willing to work overtime and go the extra mile to get the job done to the highest standard
- Versatile and able to work on a variety of products
- Strong understanding of narrative with an ability to transform everyday material into something visually appealing
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and handle difficult situations professionally with calmness, sensitivity, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with the ability to multitask, manage tight deadlines, think out-of-the-box, prioritise and delegate
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Resilient and able to multi-task and cope well in a pressurised environment
- A strategic mind-set
- Strong stakeholder management skills – good communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Customer obsessed
- Emotionally intelligent, inspiring leader
- Creative, Innovative Risk Taker
- Relationship builder
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Business acumen
- Proactive and assertive
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
Posted on 14 Feb 10:55
Cape Union Mart
Cape Union Mart International (Pty) Ltd has been equipping South African adventurers since 1933, and is South Africa's favourite outdoor adventure store. Stocking everything one needs for outdoor pursuits - including hiking, camping, trail running, mountain biking, snow sports, travel and more - Cape Union Mart is an essential first step in every adventure. Cape Union Mart has stores across South Africa, and in Namibia and Botswana.
|Recent jobs by Cape Union Mart||City||Date posted|
|Fixed Period Term Sales Assistant - Poetry Walmer Park||Port Elizabeth||24 Feb 16:49|
|Permanent Part - Time Sales Assistant - Poetry Walmer Park||Port Elizabeth||24 Feb 16:44|
|Permanent Part-Time Sales Assistant - Cape Union Mart Baywest (Port El||Port Elizabeth||24 Feb 16:36|
|Fixed Period Term Sales Assistant - Poetry - Rosebank||JHB North||24 Feb 16:09|
|Part-Time Sales Assistant||Johannesburg||24 Feb 13:19|
|Part Time Sales Assistant||Bloemfontein||24 Feb 13:16|
|Area Operations Leader||Cape Town||24 Feb 12:00|
|Part-Time Sales Assistant||Centurion||24 Feb 10:10|
|Shift Supervisor||Cape Town||24 Feb 07:57|
|Assistant Leader||Cape Town||24 Feb 07:41|