|Get jobs on your |
Account Manager - PR
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionOgilvy PR Division is one of the country's most successful PR agencies, having won multiple awards for the work that we've done. We work on multiple international brands and offer a dynamic, hard working and fun working environment. An Account Manager should be a broadly capable project and account manager who handles a wide range of assignments, projects and/or clients with a high degree of success and independence.
An account manager has demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills. They should be able to manage a piece of a large account or a few smaller ones, with top cover from her/his account director, business director, director or and/or managing director. They should have project management, budgeting, counselling, programme, people management and emerging business development skills. They take responsibility for the projects they manage, providing excellent client service, applying the office’s best resources, effectively managing people involved in projects and managing for profitable growth. As account manager demonstrates the ability and wherewithal to deliver on our vision, performance requirements and growth projections. An account manager has strong client relationships. There is no time limit on the account manager position.
An Account Manager meets all the responsibilities and expectations of an Account Executive and:
- Manages client expectations.
- Develops and manages projects/programmes, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, budgets and timelines.
- Independently handles several small accounts or major projects of a large account, performing much of the day-to-day work with assistance from both more junior and more senior staff as appropriate.
- Is client’s primary day-to-day contact on projects, or for smaller accounts, is the contact for the full account and has client’s respect, trust and confidence.
- Develops presentations for clients relative to project management/programme status.
- Keeps team(s) appropriately informed and involved in projects.
- Identifies and secures help on emerging account problems.
- Is able to articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products and overall capabilities.
- Has full understanding of public relations and a demonstrated ability to achieve public relations objectives.
- Develops and drafts communication programmes based on team input.
- Understands business trends for industry segment/products.
- Develops their editing skills so that they become capable of directing the written materials of others.
- Oversees and directs media campaigns. Has established relationships with print and broadcast journalists.
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.)
- Understands the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources.
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts.
- Has strong presentation skills and plays an increasingly active role in new business and client presentations.
- Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and problems.
- Provides leadership in building effective, productive account teams.
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors them effectively.
- Oversees timely development and distribution of bills and activity reports.
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures, and ensures that team does the same
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values.
- Routinely contributes to agency growth and performance as project, team, group and agency leader.
- Delegates effectively.
- Routinely recommends and implements solutions when problems arise.
- Assists peers in problem solving.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues.
- Participates actively in team, staff and client meetings.
- Routinely invests in building agency and client accounts and resources.
- Works with business director to identify and address training, leadership and career development needs.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn, improve and contribute.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response.
- Minimum three years' working for a PR agency
- Minimum two years in an Account Manager role
- Experience working either in corporate PR or consumer PR is essential
- Strong writing skills
- A driver personality type
- A degree is essential
The Talent Team at Ogilvy appreciates your interest in the agency and thanks you for your application.
However due to high volumes of applications received we will only be able to contact candidates that have met the recruitment criteria.
If you have not heard from the Talent Team within six weeks of application please note that you were not shortlisted for this particular role.
Posted on 12 Feb 14:34
Ogilvy South Africa
We are a Johannesburg-based integrated advertising agency defined by a devotion to brands and a dedication to ideas.
Get job alerts for Account Manager jobs
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Tradeway Promotions
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Norwood
- Account Manager - Corporate Communications, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- PR Junior Account Manager, Sandton, Irvine Partners
- Account Manager - Marketing Research - Quantitative Research, Johannesburg, Sandton and Surrounds, LayerCake recruitment
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Account Manager, Bryanston, The Skills Mine
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Fourways
- Junior Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Senior Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Greenside, Gorilla
- Senior Tech PR Account Manager/Director, Johannesburg, Morningside, DUO Marketing + Communications
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton
- Account Manager - FMCG, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Account Manager - Market Research, Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Sales/Client Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton Estate
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Dunkeld West, Sandton
- Freelance Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy South Africa
- PPC Account Manager | Marketing Agency, Johannesburg, Amplified Talent
- PR Account Manager, Johannesburg, Peter Place, Sandton
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Sandton
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Kramerville, Sandton
- PR Account Director, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- PR Account Director, Centurion, Ad Talent
- Senior PR Account Director/Business Unit Director, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent
- Paid Search Specialist, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Paid Search/Google Specialist, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Sandton