- TGCSA, IHS partner with Summit to upskill hospitality graded establishments
- 5 leadership lessons from key events during 2019
- BizTrendsLIVE!2020 speakers announced and booking open
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
We are looking for a junior editor to join one of our highly respected print and online publications. This person would primarily be responsible for handling day-to-day operations as well as writing for the title.
- Tertiary qualification in journalism or a similar field.
- Experience as a journalist.
- Some experience managing content, production and staff.
- Preferably some travel experience.
- Understand and apply the basic principles of news reporting (networking, initiating own leads and following up stories, accuracy, balanced reporting, meeting deadlines).
- Good general knowledge of print and online publishing and associated tools.
- Strong, dynamic and independent person with a good work ethic and team spirit.
- Experience managing content and staff (commissioning, editing, and driving processes).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good judgment and problem-solving/decision-making skills.
- Critical thinker.
- Good time management skills.
- Good general knowledge and an understanding of the travel and tourism industries advantageous.
- Inquisitive about all things
- Accurate, reliable and detail-oriented with a passion for ensuring zero-defect information
- Persistent and resourceful
- Efficient and hardworking – works to a finish
- Shows initiative
- Can work unaided, gets on with the job, independent
- Unflappable under pressure
- Engaged, involved and passionate
- Accommodating and flexible
- Mature outlook, rational, self-confident, sensible
- Dependable and responsible, with problem-solving ability
- Sociable: able and willing to attend functions and network
Now Media, has been committed to promoting travel and trade in the Southern African region since 1953. Based in Illovo, Johannesburg, the company prides itself on being an innovator of cutting-edge promotional products for the freight, travel and tourism industries. See more at: http://www.nowmedia.co.za
The company offers some time flexibility with regards to starting and ending your work day based on the position.
The business has a half-day initiative, that enables staff to take a half-day off once a month should they work in 10 minutes a day.
The company is generally seen as a positive workplace by current and past staff members.
Posted on 03 Dec 13:52