- Why we need a 'war room' to beat the battle against youth unemployment
- 3 ways a Biz Office can "hothouse" company culture
- Sexual harassment - a workplace problem that won't go away
|Get jobs on your |
Community Liaison Officer
|Remuneration:||R12000 - R14000 per month Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Discovery Group Life Cover|
|Company:||Community Media Trust|
Job descriptionCommunity Media Trust (CMT) is a not-for-profit organisation that has produced HIV/AIDS and related public health education material and implemented community level programmes since 1998. Please visit our website to find out more about CMT - www.cmt.org.za
CMT seeks to employ two suitably qualified/experienced Community Liaison Officers (CLO). Salary commensurate with experience.
Key duties and responsibilities (may include but are not limited to)
- Gain and support community entry
- Attend relevant community and stakeholder meetings in order to promote the programme and ensure that the community is kept abreast of activities
- Represent CMT at local structures
- Work closely with the project coordinator and facilitators to fulfil the project goals
- Host, organise and attend meetings with relevant stakeholders and partner organisations
- Assist in finding venues/sites for HIV prevention programme sessions
- Comply with ad-hoc requests from your supervisor
- A completed Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies
- One-page covering letter
- CV - maximum two pages
Only online applications with all of the above attachments (1-3) will be accepted.
CMT is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. CMT reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
Closing date: Friday, 22 November 2019 (12:00 PM) Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Initiative and excellent problem-solving skills
- Seeks to go beyond role requirements and aims for high performance.
- Takes responsibility for actions
- Matric (or equivalent)
- Training on HIV/AIDS, TB and STIs is essential
- Minimum of three year’s work experience engaging with communities is essential
- Experience working with community stakeholders
- An understanding of local culture
- Fluency in English, isiZulu and/ or Sesotho required
- Valid code 8 driver's license
- Intermediate level computer skills (MS Office)
Posted on 07 Nov 11:20