|Get jobs on your |
Head of Commercial Channels
|Company:||Hive Digital Media|
Job descriptionExperienced in both digital marketing strategy and a sales environment, the Head of Commercial Channels is primarily responsible for managing the team which represents the digital platforms within Hive Digital Media. This position is first and foremost commercially driven, with a focus on activities such as hitlisting, sales pipeline fulfilment and the creation of strategic proposals that best meet client needs.
Pre-sale team management
- Manage the team responsible for the creation of strategic proposals (both proactive and briefed in) that will be used by the sales team in pitching for business.
- Be driven by chasing new business within each of the Channel pipelines.
- Facilitate collaboration between the sale team and channel team within Hive Digital Media when it comes to creating relevant hitlists and product/package roll outs.
- Ensure that briefing processes and checklists are followed, updating or amending these where necessary for best results.
- Implement measures for quality control to ensure that proposals are of the highest possible standard.
- Function as the project manager when your team is required to create large complex multi-channel proposals.
- Hold kick off meetings and status meetings as required to ensure briefs are delivered timeously and correctly.
- Stay abreast of trends within the digital marketing industry that may affect the recommended use of our digital platforms to clients.
- Oversee staff members within the Channel unit, managing both their workflow, productivity and training requirements.
- Have a strong grasp of digital marketing strategy and the South African digital landscape.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the various digital platforms represented by Hive Digital Media, including how the different offerings work together and what would be the best combination of product offerings to meet clients’ objectives.
- Develop an understanding of the premium and programmatic sell, and how/when these offerings should be recommended as part of strategic proposals.
- Develop an understanding of the branded content offering and how content can be incorporated into the sell.
- Be responsible for product development for performance and referral traffic packages.
- Understand the retail buying cycle to ensure that proposals/packages are taken out to market at the time when they will be best received.
- Maintain high-level relationships with the management of the various digital platforms to gain insight into current and future digital offerings.
- Experience in digital marketing strategy
- Experience in senior managing teams
- Relevant Degree (Honors advantageous)
- Experience in working in an online publisher environment or agency background advantageous
- Highly competent in PowerPoint and Excel
- Strategic mindset
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Self-managing with strong time management skills
- Desire for excellence in all projects worked on
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and often deadline-driven environment
- Calm under pressure
- Enjoys training and guiding junior team members
Posted on 12 Sep 13:57