|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R25000 - R30000 per month negotiable Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, RA|
|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Ogilvy South Africa|
Job descriptionWe are currently looking for a very strong team to join Ogilvy Cape Town.
The art director needs to be someone who is conceptual, loves their craft and is awards driven, someone who is versatile, and loves working across a range of different brands. A quick thinker needs to be proactive and understand how to run a campaign and push the process forward and meet the objectives of the brief. They also need to understand the pace of a fast working environment and be confident in their roll out of collateral and work to finished art. Must be proficient in the latest software and confident working on a Mac. We want someone that is pitch fit and able to work under pressure.
The copywriter needs to love the concept as much as they love crafting their writing. A quick thinker that is not only awards driven, but that also understands how to work on a strong call to action and push retail urgency. Someone who is versatile and loves working across a range of different brands with a great understanding and insight into different markets. The candidate needs to have a sound strategic mind and work well with a strategy to create a hard working product. They also need to understand the pace of a fast working environment. We want someone that is pitch fit and able to work under pressure.
Other duties include:
- Work with various art directors on a range of brands.
- Be custodian and creator of the copy, tone of voice, and language style of the brands assigned.
- Take responsibility for all written content in communication projects, working closely with account team.
- Joint responsibility with art director for the quality of finished work.
- Able to write in different styles taking into account a brand and its consumers.
- Able to push and focus a brief to fully exploit opportunities for high creative output.
- Understand creative, artistic, and cultural trends and how to use them with relevance to the brief, the brand, and the consumers.
- Create ideas for advertising, activations, and promotions, together with art directors.
- Plan and write headlines and copy in such a way as to appeal to the people most likely to buy the product.
- Assist with ideas, often thinking up names for products and writing slogans that appear on the packaging and other promotional material.
- Write sales and promotional material, copy for AVs, internal magazine ads, and verbalisation scripts.
- Write convincing rationales to strengthen creative concepts in order to sell them to the client.
- An observant and inquisitive approach to people and their environment.
- Insight into human behaviour and motivational needs.
- Creativity and originality.
- A sense of colour and form.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good communication and marketing abilities.
- Can work well in a team.
- Study products and services to decide the main selling feature.
- Create ideas for advertising and promotion, together with copywriters.
- Consult with clients to obtain a clear understanding of their visual communication requirements and develop design roughs (visual or sketches).
- Produce advertisements for newspapers, radio, television, cinema screens, billboards, catalogues, and for displays in shops – this involves using techniques such as photography, illustration, and computer generated imagery.
- Supervise all production stages.
- An established senior copywriter with proven experience in advertising.
- As communications are more and more multi-channel, published work that has been executed across different media would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the key software applications and IT skills for use in a commercial environment.
- Passion for the work and a key driver for high creative standards.
- Excellent attention to detail and continuity across a range of creative elements.
- Able to defend ideas and support Account team in building rationales.
- Take an active interest in language and creative trends in communication and the creative arts.
- Develop a constructive working relationship with account teams.
- Work with them to develop sales rationales for work to be presented.
- Share knowledge and build the excitement of creative trends with others in the team.
- Respond quickly to other team members’ needs, working closely with the account team and traffic on day-to-day aspects of projects.
- Manage clear and action-based communication inside the agency.
- Able to make active contributions at client meetings.
Posted on 14 Mar 14:42
Ogilvy Cape Town
Ogilvy & Mather is the leader in the industry, focused on building and transforming brands.
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731