|Get jobs on your |
Email Communications Technical Specialist
Job descriptionThe Department:
Despite globalisation, in our industry, localisation still matters. Our regional marketing teams are required to deliver localised content aimed at building strong, emotional customer connections that lead to enduring customer retention and loyalty.
Our teams are comprised of well-informed Customer Retention Marketers who profile customer segments, understand their needs and deliver the relevant and most suitable localised messages. It is a marketer’s dream, as it not only involves direct interactions with customers, but also contributes towards measuring the results, analysing behaviours and influencing the customer life cycle with a view to enhancing their entire experience.
Purpose of the Role:
Are you a multi-faceted communications expert looking for an opportunity? Are you a strategic thinker ready to use your technical skills to add value to our business? Do MX records, domains, delivery statuses and live monitoring excite you? Then this position is for you!
Join our vibrant team at DigiOutsource as our Communications Technical Specialist in our Bulk Communications department and help us take our communication strategy to the next level.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing an enterprise email and SMS marketing program and collaborating with team members to enhance communication journeys and marketing strategies.
- Domain and IP management
- Optimise eMail and SMS delivery strategies
- Manage email marketing process – HTML template management, list management and data pulls, set-up, testing, execution, reporting, and optimization.
- Leverages historical campaign results to guide future email messages and implements segmentation and behavioral marketing messages based on past email performance and marketing objectives.
- Understands communication projects for amongst others email and SMS from a technical point of view - serves as the main point of contact for data integration for multiple platforms and systems ensuring integrated program management and optimal use of third party programs and partnerships.
- Manages and develops email and SMS testing roadmap - continually optimizes, analyzes and makes recommendations on improving email performance to include the following core metrics: open rate, CTR, engagement, etc.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and reporting of email and SMS campaign performance and overall effectiveness.
- Analyzes email and SMS campaign results and reports campaign performance, summarizes key insights, and offers recommendations.
- Partners with marketing and graphic design team(s) to create email creative materials, communication templates, content, promotions, and landing pages.
- Stays current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to email - ensures best practices through email compliance and spam regulation (CAN/SPAM) and shares email program insights and recommendations with marketing managers and colleagues.
- Recommends updates from both an infrastructure and provider perspective if and when need be and liaises with appropriate business parties to get buyin and facilitate integration
- Coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases.
- Responsible for the mentorship and development of the team’s technical skills
- A minimum of four years’ experience in product marketing/email marketing
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge/understanding of responsive design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of achievements in dramatically improving email marketing performance against both delivery and revenue targets
- Proven track record of achievements in dramatically improving email and SMS marketing performance against both delivery and revenue targets
- A background in Information Technology
- Adept at HTML and CSS coding for emails
- Good understanding of Databases, Database Concepts, SQL and Segmentation
- Knowledge and experience in other social media platforms and additional marketing channels
- Knowledge and Ability to use Exact Target
- Accountability and Execution
- Aligning Performance For Success
- Building Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Commitment and Effort
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Effectiveness & Delivery
- Learning, Collaboration And Knowledge Management
- Organisation & Planning
- Problem Solving
- Technical Knowledge
*Please note we will apply relevance to our Talent Management and Talent Development Programme as part of our recruitment process
*Shortlisted candidates may need to complete an assessment
This position requires trust and honesty as it has access to financial details - therefore a credit and criminal record check will be conducted.
The qualifications identified herein are an inherent job requirement, therefore a qualification verification check will be done.
By applying for this role, and supplying the necessary details, you hereby grant us permission to apply for these checks. This will be done in a confidential manner, and solely for the purposes of verification.
To view all current vacancies, please visit our website, www.digioutsource.com
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 13 Mar 10:38
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731