|Get jobs on your |
Account Manager - PR
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionOgilvy PR is one of the country's most successful PR agencies, having won multiple awards for the work that we've done. We work on multiple international brands and offer a dynamic, hardworking and fun working environment. An account manager should be a broadly capable project manage and handle a wide range of assignments, projects and/or clients with a high degree of success and independence.
An account manager has demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills. She/he should be able to manage a piece of a large account or a few smaller ones, with top cover from her/his account director, business director, director or and/or managing director. She/he should have project management, budgeting, counselling, programme, people management and emerging business development skills. He/she takes responsibility for the projects he/she manages, providing excellent client service, applying the office’s best resources, effectively managing people involved in projects and managing for profitable growth. The incumbent should demonstrate the ability to deliver on our vision, performance requirements and growth projections and manage strong client relationships.
Responsibilities and expectations of the account manager:
- Manages client expectations.
- Develops and manages projects/programmes, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, budgets and timelines.
- Independently handles several small accounts or major projects of a large account, performing much of the day-to-day work with assistance from both more junior and more senior staff as appropriate.
- Is the client’s primary day-to-day contact on projects, or for smaller accounts, is the contact for the full account and has the client’s respect, trust and confidence.
- Develops presentations for clients relative to project management/programme status.
- Keeps team(s) appropriately informed and involved in projects.
- Identifies and secures help on emerging account problems.
- Is able to articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products and overall capabilities.
- Has full understanding of public relations and a demonstrated ability to achieve public relations objectives.
- Develops and drafts communication programmes based on team input.
- Understands business trends for industry segment/products.
- Develops his/her editing skills so that he/she becomes capable of directing the written materials of others.
- Oversees and directs media campaigns. Has established relationships with print and broadcast journalists.
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.)
- Understands the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources.
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, the investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts.
- Has strong presentation skills and plays an increasingly active role in new business and client presentations.
- Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and problems.
- Provides leadership in building effective, productive account teams.
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors them effectively.
- Oversees timely development and distribution of bills and activity reports.
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures, and ensures that team does the same.
- Is familiar with, and supports the achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values.
- Routinely contributes to agency growth and performance as project, team, group and agency leader.
- Delegates effectively.
- Routinely recommends and implements solutions when problems arise.
- Assists peers in problem-solving.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem-solving.
- Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues.
- Participates actively in team, staff and client meetings.
- Routinely invests in building agency and client accounts and resources.
- Works with business director to identify and address training, leadership and career development needs.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn, improve and contribute.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response.
- Minimum of three years of working for a PR agency
- Minimum two years in an Account Manager role
- Experience working either in corporate PR or financial PR is essential
- Strong writing skills
- A driver personality type
- A degree is essential
The Talent Team at Ogilvy appreciates your interest in the agency and thanks you for your application.
However, due to high volumes of applications received we will only be able to contact candidates that have met the recruitment criteria.
If you have not heard from the Talent Team within six weeks of application please note that you were not shortlisted for this particular role.
Posted on 28 Nov 11:42
Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg
We are a Johannesburg-based integrated advertising agency defined by a devotion to brands and a dedication to ideas.
Get job alerts for Account Manager jobs
- Senior Account Manager - Public Sector, Johannesburg, Rivona
- Junior Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Rosebank
- Chartered Accountant/Senior Financial Manager, Johannesburg, MPRTC Recruitment
- Sales Account Manager, Johannesburg, Fourways
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Eastern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Senior Account manager, Johannesburg, Randburg
- Account Manager - Research, Johannesburg, North, Cardilogix
- Senior PR Account Manager - Tech, Johannesburg, DUO Marketing + Communications
- Account Manager, Bryanston, Digitas Liquorice
- Junior-Mid Account Manager, Johannesburg, Worldwide Positions
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Worldwide Positions
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Fourways
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Blairgowrie
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Fourways
- Senior Client Services Account Manager - TTL, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Key Account Manager - Sales, Johannesburg, Bizcommunity.com
- Account Manager, Sandton
- Senior PR Account Manager, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Senior Account Manager - PR, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg
- PR Account Manager, Johannesburg, Illovo
- Account Manager - Marketing Research - Quantitative Research, Johannesburg, Sandton and Surrounds, LayerCake recruitment
- Account Manager - PR, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg
- PR Account Manager, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Sandton, Offlimit Communications
- Key Account Manager, Edenvale, Greenstone Hill, Edenvale
- Digital Head, Johannesburg, Sandton
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731