|Get jobs on your |
Senior Website Designer
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionThe Senior UX/UI Designer will be responsible for overseeing all user experience and design aspects of the organisation.
The Senior UI/UX Designer works with the design and creative team to develop a cohesive experience throughout our platform in order to increase user satisfaction. Our ideal candidate is responsible for guiding the entirety of the design process through its completion by presenting them to stakeholders and working alongside developers to ensure accurate implementation.
Company DescriptionWe are an integrated communications agency that offers top-quality, innovative and integrated communication solutions. We are based in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg. We operate with Jozi’s fire in our hearts.
RequirementsAccountability and Ownership
As Senior UX/UI Designer it is your duty to complete the tasks you are assigned, to perform the duties required by your job, and to be present for your proper shifts in order to fulfil or further the goals of the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Partner with the creative team and developers to maintain a cohesive design and experience throughout our product, providing expertise and mentorship.
- Lead all junior designers. Coach your team through reviews and feedback. Support their UX/UI growth. Raise the capacity, skills and quality of user-centred design on your team.
- Exercise your expertise in performance, architecture, and object-oriented design to deliver compelling customer experiences.
- Critique in-progress design work, evaluating the priority and effectivity of solutions.
- Develop and lead the Design team to improve the range of research methods used.
- Employ design thinking and questioning techniques to develop strategies and execution plans where pathways are not always obvious.
- Provide and encourage feedback from your team and other designers.
- Successfully use and apply wireframes in order to interface concepts.
- Create prototypes to show and demonstrate interactions.
- Conduct Usability Testing to validate design concepts.
- Regularly participate in design reviews.
- Study analytics to understand user behaviour.
- Eight+ years experience in visual user interface design.
- Ability to create clean, visually consistent designs.
- In-depth knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, XD, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office/ Google Apps; experience with After Effects / Video editing a plus
- Understanding and appreciation of standard user interface design concepts and processes.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience testing websites and software on a variety of platforms including iOS and Android mobile and devices.
- Previous experience with user-centred design principles and practices, web/mobile standards, typography and colour, and web/mobile usability standards.
- Have contributed as a leader in the design and a strong collaborator across product managers and engineers.
- Knowledgeable in creating wireframes, visual mockups graphics, user workflows, and low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Ability to work with designers and developers to implement new ideas.
- Possess solid presentation, listening and communication skills.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects.
- A solution-oriented, hard worker who is passionate about visual- and digital design.
- Proactive, with the ability to work well independently and as a team.
- Professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic and willingness to observe and learn.
- Takes direction well and be able to excel in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all work consistently meets established brand standards and guidelines.
- Submit portfolio, showing your UI and UX skills, a resume and a blurb/expression of why you are the best candidate to .
Posted on 27 Jan 14:06