|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic plus commission|
|Location:||Cape Town, Tokai (Cape Town)|
Job descriptiondmg events is growing its African footprint and looking for an experienced sales manager to join an amazing, successful team. Working on a number of projects that are showing extensive growth, this is a superb opportunity to get your foot in the door at one of the most exciting events/media businesses in Africa!
We are looking for a driven, professional on a six-month contract basis.
If you have proven ability to engage with customers at a high level and have consultative commercial conversations, manage existing accounts as well as develop new business, are commercially minded and ambitious, we’d love to hear from you!
Our culture is an entrepreneurial one. We are looking for a smart professional who is able to think outside of the box, develop and execute a sales strategy seamlessly, willing to work hard, have fun and focus on building great products that add value to the sectors we serve.
- Sell a sponsorship, exhibition, advertising or delegate packages to existing or new clients.
- Exceed sales revenue targets for each event project and introduce new revenue from as wide a pool of potential clients.
- Maintain excellent customer relations and have a thorough understanding of the markets in which you are selling.
- Work in a team environment cross-functionally.
- Sell sponsorship, exhibition, advertising or delegate packages for conferences and expos over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Research and conduct sales campaigns to attract sponsorship or delegates.
- Work closely across functions to maximise sales opportunities.
- Attend sector-specific events for face-to-face networking and business development purposes.
- Build relationships and contacts with new accounts and create new revenue opportunities from untapped sectors.
- Act as part of the on-site team, ensuring the smooth running of the event.
Company Descriptiondmg events was founded in 1989 and now manages over 80 events in up to 25 countries each year. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is currently active in North America, the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, Asia, and Australia, employing over 300 staff.
As a leading supplier of face-to-face business information focusing on delivering exceptional customer service, dmg events' objectives are keeping businesses informed, connecting the community, creating commerce within the marketplaces we serve and adapting to ever-changing customer needs.
Our internal approach is to attract and retain exceptionally talented management teams with an entrepreneurial spirit. Coupled with a decentralized decision-making process, we remain flexible, ready to act quickly and perform well.
- Tertiary qualification preferred.
- Professional and persuasive telephone manner.
- Sales experience in the b2b media industry (advertising, events, exhibitions, conferences) a prerequisite.
- Valid drivers licence.
- Enthusiasm, commitment to the role / team, and pro-activity.
- Experience in and a natural aptitude for sales.
- Outstanding communication skills – especially listening and conversation skills.
- Effective organisation and time management.
Posted on 15 Jan 12:38
Get job alerts for Sales Manager jobs
- Marketing/Sales Manager, Cape Town, Cape Town Central
- Advertising Sales Manager, Cape Town
- Digital Sales Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Sales Manager (Digital printing equipment), Cape Town, Worldwide Positions
- Sales Manager, Cape Town, Century City, Canal Walk
- Sales Manager, Cape Town, Brackenfell and surrounds