|Get jobs on your |
Social Auxiliary Workers
|Remuneration:||R9000 - R12000 per month Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Discovery Group Life Cover|
|Company:||Community Media Trust|
Job descriptionCommunity Media Trust (CMT) is a South African NGO focusing on communication in the fields of basic human rights. CMT aims to empower individuals and communities, encouraging them to take part in managing and improving their own lives, promoting healthy and health seeking behaviour and basic human rights. It does this through media and outreach programmes that provide scientific information in a format that is easy to understand.
Please visit our website to find out more about CMT - www.cmt.org.za
CMT seeks to appoint Social Auxiliary Workers to be based in Gauteng. Salary commensurate with experience.
Key duties and responsibilities (may include but are not limited to)
- The Social Auxiliary Workers (SAW) in the Outreach Programme will primarily be responsible for conducting individual assessments and supported referrals for survivors of gender-based violence
- Comply with ad-hoc requests from your supervisor
- A completed Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies
- A cover letter motivating your application;
- A detailed CV (max 3 pages);
- Three (3) contactable references;
- Certified copies of your qualifications
- Certified copy of your police clearance certificate
Only online applications with all of the above attachments (1-6) will be accepted.
CMT is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. CMT reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
Closing date: 06 January 2020 (12:00 PM)
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- Social Auxiliary Worker qualification - Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work from a recognized college or institution
- Proof of Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a social auxiliary worker
- Experience in working in HIV programmes is beneficial
- Ability to render psychosocial support services and facilitate supported referrals for people who have experienced gender based violence (GBV)
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Report-writing skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including being a team player
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Demonstrate a strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
- Ability and willingness to work in communities at community level.
Posted on 03 Dec 10:01