|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R19000 - R21000 per month Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Discovery Group Life Cover|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Company:||Community Media Trust|
Job descriptionCommunity Media Trust (CMT) is a South African NGO focusing on communication in the fields of basic human rights. CMT aims to empower individuals and communities, encouraging them to take part in managing and improving their own lives, promoting healthy and health-seeking behaviour and basic human rights. It does this through media and outreach programmes that provide scientific information in a format that is easy to understand. Please visit our website to find out more about CMT - www.cmt.org.za
CMT seeks to employ a Clinical Social Worker to be based in Gauteng. Salary commensurate with experience.
Key duties and responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Case Management
- Supported referrals to health facilities, Dept of Social Development, SASSA and partner organisations
- Strengthening relationships to support referrals
- Reporting on case management, referrals and outcomes
- Project administration
- Clinical supervision and mentorship of two Social Auxiliary Workers
- Advocacy and networking with community, government and NGO's
- Performing cross-functional roles as and when required.
- Meeting regularly with CMT’s District Co-ordinators and the Outreach Programmes Manager to support programme implementation.
- Comply with ad-hoc requests from your supervisor
- A completed Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies
- A cover letter motivating your application;
- A detailed CV (max 3 pages);
- Three (3) contactable references;
- Certified copies of your qualifications
- Certified copy of your police clearance certificate
Only online applications with all of the above attachments (1-6) will be accepted.
CMT is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is with the intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. CMT reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
Closing date: 6 January 2020 (12:00 NOON)
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree
- Proof of Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Clinical Social Work experience
- Minimum of five to seven years of active case management experience
- Experience working in Social Work focusing on gender-based violence (GBV) and HIV
- Experience in oversight and clinical supervision of Social Auxiliary Workers
- Ability and willingness to work in communities at community level.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrate a strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong assessment and analytic skills
- Ability to communicate well in English and a second relevant South African language
- Computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Police clearance certificate
- Valid drivers licence
Posted on 03 Dec 09:39