- Jobs of the future - what will they be and how do we prepare for them?
- SA hiring intentions still subdued - ManpowerGroup Employment Outlook Survey
- Cell C, Explore Data Science Academy partner to upskill data scientists
|Get jobs on your |
Senior Typesetter/Layout/DTP Specialist
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Sigil Design Bureau|
Job descriptionBoutique investor and stakeholder communications agency in Hyde Park is seeking a senior typesetter/layout/DTP specialist with experience in annual report and other stakeholder communications, design implementation, typesetting, layout and finished art.
This individual will be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Working on established brands and implementing them across multiple media and formats.
- Typesetting and implementing designs for annual reports, financial results, presentations, brochures, corporate identities, presence branding and other corporate communications.
- Taking briefs from DTP manager, project manager, creative director or clients.
- Being adept at following design instructions according to brief.
- Taking projects from client-approved concept to final artwork.
- Being able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Delivering all work timeously, according to deadlines.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Quality control all typesetting and DTP before delivering/presenting to DTP manager, creative director and to client.
- Performing author’s corrections and design/layout adjustments as needed.
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and developing suitable solutions to fit their requirements.
- Working both independently and with other members of the team.
- Being able to work on multiple streams of work at once is crucial.
- Having confidence to present and explain ideas to colleagues.
- Resolving work briefs by gathering information and data through research and in consultation with DTP manager and Creative Director.
- Using innovation to redefine a work brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Having strong computer skills: keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design and DTP applications such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop — additional graphics software experience is an advantage.
- Keeping up to date with international corporate communications trends and applying that knowledge.
Company DescriptionWe are a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated experts, offering comprehensive authorship, communications and design services from our studio in Hyde Park, Johannesburg.
RequirementsQualification and experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in typesetting, layout, DTP and finished art (Note: we will not consider any CVs with less than five years’ experience).
- References to be provided.
- Extremely proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat. Must have advanced knowledge of typography, headings hierarchy, style sheets, tables, graphs, data visualisation, infographics and other information design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Being extremely proficient in PowerPoint will be an added advantage.
- Superior knowledge of printing processes and production.
- Valid driver’s licence, with own reliable vehicle — is a must.
- Responsible and accountable.
- Self-motivated and passionate.
- Extremely proficient in typesetting, layout, design implementation and finished art.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have a collaborative approach and the ability to problem-solve and think quickly and strategically.
- Work overtime when required.
- Creative and original.
- Able to work quickly without compromising on the quality of workmanship.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Work well in a team or alone.
- Career-driven outlook.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
1. Your CV indicating current account/sectors previously worked
2. A cover letter indicating your notice period, if applicable
3. Salary expectation
Start date: from mid-January 2020
- Important: Send your CV application via email only to:
- Please do not cc anyone else in the company and please do not contact us telephonically.
- Should you not receive a response within seven days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 29 Nov 12:15