- Potential jail time on the cards for CV fraudsters
- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
- Companies need to ask themselves: can innovation be taught?
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
One of South Africa’s leading full-service digital agencies has a fabulous opportunity for a senior financial controller at their Cape Town office. We’re looking for someone with advertising or marketing agency experience. The agency is young, dynamic and growing. It’s part of a global group in 25 countries around the world working to enrich people’s lives via their unique blend of strategy, creativity, media and technology. Take a look at the role’s responsibilities.
Local and global management reporting
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports to the MD of the Agency
- Prepare and present monthly client profitability reports and follow up key findings in the reports
- Maintain and monitor the New Business Pipeline report
- Ad-hoc financial analysis for MD
- Monitor monthly spend vs budget
- Monthly actuals reporting to Global Group; Checking balance sheet recons to ensure items are cleared promptly; Checking allocation of house costs in NAV and ensuring relevant accruals are raised; Prepare analytical review of monthly results and balance sheet
- Periodic Budget preparation; Collating the revenue forecasts from the Client service heads; Prepare the payroll costs forecasts with input from the Agency Head of Talent; Forecast overhead costs; Analyse variances vs Commit/previous Forecast
- Complete monthly revenue reconciliation and ensure all necessary take-ups are done/journals are processed so that NAV ties up to revenue recon prior to flash reporting at 12 noon on the first working day of each month
- Monitor retainer billings during each month to ensure that all retainers are billed prior to billing cut off
- Prepare analysis of revenue overs/unders vs forecast by client and revenue type
- Monitor accrued and deferred revenue to ensure cleared on a timely basis
- In collaboration with the Head of Talent, prepare the annual Commit resource plan and monitor actuals vs plan continually so that productivity remains positive even when revenue drops.
- Manage the reforecasting of resource requirements at each new Forecast
- Approve freelance appointments provided these are within budget
- Monitoring work in progress to ensure that: No external cost are incurred prior to client approval; Non-billable costs are written off to Income Statement timeously; Finished jobs are reconciled and closed promptly
- Perform final check of all jobs marked for closure and send workflow to Resources to close
- Approve variable cost expenditure prior to spending to ensure that overheads stay within budget
- Review and approve balance sheet recons and ensure reconciling items cleared quickly
- Approve non-recurring journals, three-way payroll recons, S-forms, CSR reporting prepared by SSC
- Review and approve monthly payroll prepared by SSC and approve monthly payroll journal prior to processing
- Monitor debtors Age Analysis and ensure effective follow up of overdue balances is being done by Resources
- Review weekly payments batches vs supporting documentation and ensure submitted to Resources before deadline
- Coordinate with FMC auditors and Internal audit to provide them with the pre-work requested, support documentation and explanations required
- Submit monthly input to PGA in order that they can prepare the monthly PiCT report (self-analysis of adherence to Internal control requirements)
- Provide finance training to the Client Service team so that they understand their financial responsibilities in terms of job management, client management and revenue forecasting
- Monitor cash-flow and approve early payment requests where necessary
- Approve credit billing instructions
- Monitor performance of the Shared Service Centre and feedback to senior management
- Develop, document and communicate processes to Agency
- General trouble-shooting.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree – Preferable CA/CIMA
- Adverting/marketing agency experience – essential.
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, digital, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 10 Jul 14:20
+27 21 422 1037