- Deutsche Bank job cuts are tip of the iceberg for the finance industry
- Amazon to upskill 100,000 employees with in-demand skills
- Workplace wizards unite: A new union you did not invite in...
|Get jobs on your |
Executive - Corporate Development/ECD
|Company:||USB Executive Development (Pty) Ltd|
The University of Stellenbosch Business School Executive Development (Pty) Ltd, more commonly referred to as USB-ED, is a private company offering leadership and management development (short course) programmes across Africa for both corporates and individuals. USB-ED has a full-time position for an Executive: Corporate Developer (ECD) based at our Johannesburg (Sandton) offices. The appointee will be part of a dynamic Sales and Business Development team delivering a high quality service to clients, the company and society.
Reporting to the General Manager for ED4Africa, the purpose of the ECD role is to manage and grow a portfolio of customized clients, across Africa, to generate profitable revenue, thereby supporting USB-ED’s capability to serve the development of leading managers in Africa by means of bespoke solutions.
The ECD will be fully accountable for his/her Customised Programme Portfolio and will be measured on KPI’s such as revenue (sales target; quarterly progress against annual sales target; profitable business / profit margin), client KPIs (client satisfaction - year on year portfolio growth on repeat business less clients that have not taken up business; new client acquisition; expansion of product offering to existing clients), quality of designs and proposals, cost management throughout programme implementation, timeous client payments and managing the internal return on investment management of own portfolio.
Other key performance areas, in addition to Customised Programme Portfolio revenue, include:
- Operational Results: Implementation of the sales process.
- Programme Execution Excellence: taking ownership of Programme execution through support of Delivery function in USB-ED.
- Management Results: Result and activity planning and reporting, cost and budget management, process compliance, system utilisation and compliance.
- Leadership Results: Knowledge sharing, contribution towards a high performing team, self-development and living the USB-ED values.
- Master’s in Business Administration qualification
- University of Stellenbosch Alumni will be preferable.
- At least seven to 10 years’ experience as a sales person in a complex commercial environment in Africa (e.g. consulting), preferable in the learning and development landscape and/or human capital.
- A good understanding of the executive learning and development / education industry, landscape and products in Africa.
- Experience and a good understanding of executive development learning intervention design (curriculum / learning outcome and instructional design).
- Good understanding of sales and marketing principles / processes/ methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Budgeting and forecasting skills.
- Working knowledge of customer relations management (CRM); AccPac (financial system), advantageous.
- Well-developed MS Office skills.
- Ability to communicate to individuals on all levels with excellent verbal and writing abilities.
- Project management/project team leadership skills (multi-functional and cross-functional teams).
- Client liaison skills – proven track record of liaising with clients on C-level in Africa.
- Well-developed conceptual and systems thinking skills.
- Taking responsibility, initiative and making decisions when required, even under difficult circumstances. Able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Establishing effective relationships with clients and stakeholders, networking effectively within and outside of the organisation and relating well to individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed analysis and decision making skills.
- Setting clear objectives, planning activities and their sequence well in advance and managing own and other resources’ time effectively.
- Persevering, working productively in a stressful environment and resilient in the face of adversity.
- Sensitivity for diversity and adapting to altering circumstances, embracing change and dealing effectively with ambiguity.
- Accepting, setting and tackling demanding and challenging realistic goals and targets to continually improve performance. Showing drive, stamina and the capacity to work hard, sustaining long work hours when required.
- Thinking entrepreneurially and commercially, keeping up to date with competitor information and market trends, identifying business opportunities and demonstrating financial awareness. Able to understand the key business issues that affect profitability and growth.
Commencement of duties: 1 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 14 July 2019
Application:To apply, please submit your CV to Rochall Daniels on
Enquiries: Recruitment related enquiries to Bianca Solomon, Human Capital Manager on
NOTE: USB-ED is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of USB-ED and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. The job advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing. In line with USB-ED’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, we welcome and encourage candidates with disabilities to apply.
USB-ED reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Posted on 02 Jul 08:30
- Executive Assistant - Office of the CEO, Johannesburg, Houghton
- Executive IT Supplier Management - Network/Operations Services, Johannesburg, Selby, RecruitU
- Direct Sales Executive - Digital Printing/Signage, Johannesburg, Krammerville
- Media Sales Executive - Radio, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent
- Media Sales Executive, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Creative Executive - Kaya FM, Rivonia
- Sales Executive, Johannesburg, Sandton
- Conference Sales Executive, Johannesburg, Fourways
- Sales Account Executive, Sandton, Bryanston
- Research Executive -Customer Experience, Johannesburg, Fourways, Ipsos South Africa
- Sales Executive, Johannesburg, Illovo
- Sales Executive, Johannesburg, Kyalami, Midrand
- Executive Sales Administrator, Johannesburg, Sandton
- Sales Account Executive, Johannesburg, Lonehill, Sandton
- Jewellery Sales Executive Agent, Johannesburg
- Business Development Executive - Data/FMCG, Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Social Media Specialist, Pretoria, East, Festival of Motoring
- IT Architect, Johannesbug, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Cloud Engineer, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment