- Can false allegations be grounds for dismissal?
- How to accelerate business growth by becoming a People Company
- How Payroll and HR are earning their spot at the boardroom table
|Get jobs on your |
SAMC Project Assistant
|Location:||Cape Town, Westlake Business Park|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||South Africa Mohair Cluster|
Job descriptionTo work with potential participants to effectively secure their commitment, in accordance with SAMC requirements and the Strategic Mohair Sector Business Plan. To collate all Project Proposals and ensure these are updated, implemented and reported on effectively to meet management requirements. Coordination of all meetings along with all data capture or any background research that is required.
- Sector stakeholder engagement
- Participant and Sector data collection and collation
- Sector stakeholder liaison
- Assist in the identification of potential Participants that meet the SAMC requirements
- Assist to identify potential companies to fill value chain gaps
- Working alongside Participants to develop project proposals
- Complete Project Proposal submissions
- Ensure that all SAMC requirements are met prior to submitting project documents
- Coordinate signing of MOA’s
- Coordinate financial aspects of budgets
- Meeting coordination
- Travel Arrangements for team
- Digital filing
- Hard filing
- Data capture
- General correspondence
Company DescriptionThe South Africa Mohair Cluster (SAMC) is a Sub-National Sector initiative in partnership with the Department of Trade and Industry to manage, monitor and evaluate the progress of Grant Funding to achieve the following for the Mohair Sector.
- Identify key mohair industry players with potential to impact on South Africa’s economic growth
- To actively identify and drive growth of mohair production, manufacturing and related sales performance
through a carefully identified participant network
The aim is to achieve these goals through the participants and through the identification, planning and implementation of various strategic interventions. These will include competitiveness improvement interventions in people, product, process, market and technology.
SAMC is a Non-Profit Company (NPC) that coordinates and facilitates sector improvement and growth through a collective of strategically identified participants from the production, processing, and manufacturing nodes within the South African mohair value chain structure who are committed to continued development, growth and prosperity of the South African mohair industry.
We seek to inspire collaboration between all Stakeholders and to promote the cross-pollination of skills and expertise to create a mutually beneficial and sustainable future for the industry.
RequirementsFull-time contract position for 12-month period(contract renewal subject to availability of Grant Funding).
Location: five days a week at the Westlake office
- Two years’ administrative/project management work experience
- Farming or textile industry knowledge and experience would be ideal but not required travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Professional in conduct
- Strong administrative and organisational skills,
- Results driven
- The ability to think creatively and quickly when required
- The ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate good English skills (good business writing skills included), demonstrate proactive thinking skills and ability to make decisions, ability to build relationships
- Performs well as part of a team
- Well presented
Posted on 11 Jun 15:25