- Are you a Youthpreneur?
- 4 incentive travel trends to keep young employees happy this #YouthMonth
- 3 tips for graduates entering the digitally-driven workforce
|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, Claremont|
Job descriptionVacancy for: Volunteer Advisor
Based: Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's mission is to provide the gold standard of support and safety, so our volunteers and interns can fulfill their potential, discover themselves and create positive change in the world.
Projects Abroad is the world's largest international volunteering and internship provider, recruiting young people from all over the world.
We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years. We have sent over 115,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We are looking for a Volunteer Advisor to be the main point of contact for our volunteers while they are preparing for their adventure with us.
- You will be the main point of contact for our volunteers for all pre-departure communication prior to their arrival in one of our many destinations worldwide
- You will work closely with our Administrative Team and Destination Teams
- The prime purpose of office contact with volunteers is customer service. You can play a large part in shaping the volunteers’ experience. By being enthusiastic, efficient and supportive, you will assist the volunteers’ integration into the country and the projects they work on. The volunteers should then be able to develop their own, unique experience
You will be employed on a one-year contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and a personal interview.
Salary and Benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
To apply, please click on the Apply button and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.
- Be fluent in English spoken and written
- Be fluent in Italian spoken and written
- Have a customer service or administrative background
- Preferably but not compulsory: Be a university graduate (Preferably in Communication, Customer Service, Tourism, Business Administration, PR)
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Have the ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Be able to meet short deadlines and multi-task
- Be highly organised and able to plan your time efficiently and independently
- Be interested in travel and international service work
Posted on 20 May 07:49