|Get jobs on your |
Professional Officer - Communication - Stakeholder Engagement/Events
|Remuneration:||R369370 per year Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Reference:||#WS 60 /19|
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
Job descriptionThe role is within Water And Waste - Water And Sanitation: Support Services
The key performance areas are:
- Conduct planning, research and analysis for a programme of stakeholder engagement, events and special projects;
- Organise stakeholder events, engagements and special projects as well as participation at other events, in conjunction with the Water and Sanitation Department Branches and other City Departments;
- Provide stakeholder liaison, communication and engagement implementation services to Branches of the Water and Sanitation Department;
- Provide financial and administrative support; and
- Contribute towards objectives, plans, implementation and reporting associated with the operational area of the Communication and Stakeholder Engagement section.
- A relevant post-matric qualification (BTech or First degree) in communication, marketing, media, public relations, sociology or relevant technical qualification, such as water and/or environmental studies or a related field;
- Minimum of two to three years of relevant experience in communications/public relations/marketing/stakeholder engagement or within a water/business/technical/environmental related work that includes communication;
- Experience with direct and face-to-face communication and use of engagement tools and channels;
- Experience in working with the public sector and public service delivery is advantageous, particularly experience in or a good understanding of public utility or water services;
- Excellent written and verbal command of English and advantageous to also speak Afrikaans or Xhosa proficiently;
- Willingness to work outside of core hours;
- Willingness to travel and availability of own reliable vehicle; and
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants).
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 15 Apr 08:37