|Get jobs on your |
IT Systems Administrator
|Location:||Cape Town, Gardens, CBD|
Job descriptionThis position services three leading design companies in Architecture, Interiors and contemporary furniture. A motivated and innovative systems administrator is required to take over many aspects of the configuration and maintenance of our computer systems. Working in a fast paced and demanding environment and as a member of a six person team, you will need to wear many hats to tackle the many daily challenges and support tasks. The environment is always evolving and new solutions and systems need to be investigated to match the business requirements followed by development and deployment.
Duties/job role breakdown
- Front line support for Directors
- R&D, Maintain and Upgrade of IT environment in order to maximise user efficiency, future proof IT systems and optimised server/network performance.
- Upgrading of network infrastructure eg: 1Gbe to 10Gbe
- Upgrading of server OS versions eg: Windows Server 2012 R2 to Windows Server 2016
- Implementation of SCOM and SCCM in order to centralize AV management, software deployment, automated remediation and reporting.
- Implement Cloud technologies such as Azure file storage, Azure backup and Intune
- Updating drivers and firmware of Dell MD Storage and Dell R series blade severs via IDrac
- Managing user mailboxes, email security, Continuity and archiving through Mimecast services, Microsoft Exchange 2013 and Exchange online
- Manage System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2, System Center Endpoint Protection
- IIS configuration for internal websites ARR and server farms.
- Manage FTP via FileZilla server
- APC UPS 10Kva and 8Kva management for failover power and remote shutdown using Powerchute
- In-depth Microsoft desktop support for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
- In-depth Microsoft Office support for Office 2013 – O365
- In-depth Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 maintenance and support for AD (Active Directory), EAC( Exchange Admin Center), DFS( Distributed File Systems), DNS, DHCP and WINS.
- Managing and maintain backups with Backup Exec and remote agents via Overland backup devices and LTO7 backup media storage.
- Create, review, and evaluate the availability of disaster recovery systems.
- Perform regular disaster recovery tests.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Maintain Server room environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Five+ years’ Microsoft (MCSE and MCITP) server 2012 R2 or above
- Office 365
- Azure AD & Azure Storage
- Exchange Online
- Backup Exec 15
- + 5 years’ in all Windows desktop 7, 8.1 and 10.
- Intel Desktop hardware
- Dell Server hardware
- Dell Storage hardware
- Synology and QNAP NAS
- IOS and Android mobile support
- Telephony: Skype for business and Skype for business server
- Advantageous: SCCM, SCOM, DPM, MSSQL
- Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
- Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
- Must be able to work with team members, end users, communicate clearly, and meet deadlines.
Posted on 04 Feb 07:32